« 24 »

Once Natsu finished putting on his clothes they left straight away.

During their walk, Zeref and Lucy began to have a conversation about animal mating. (don't ask.) and Natsu felt left out, but of course they didn't notice.

Once Zeref went to his grade hall, Natsu and Lucy walked to theirs but it was awkwardly quiet and the atmosphere was dense. Lucy was seemingly avoiding Natsu.

"Um hey Lucy?" He attempted to make a conversation.

"Yeah, Natsu?" She responded while staring at a nice drawing of stars with a large interest.

"What did you-" Natsu was going to say until Lucy was nearly tackled to the ground by a boy.

"Sting?" Lucy murmured, prying the boy off of her.

He seemed familiar but Natsu just couldn't put his finger on it.

"Haha, Good morning sting." Lucy said, sending him a small smile.

"Good morning Luce!" He responded to her with way too much energy.

Luce?
Only Natsu can call her Luce.

Natsu's left eye twitched.

The boy finally noticed tht Natsu was standing there and backed up, with a scowl on his face.

"Yeah that's right bitch, you better back the fuck up." Natsu thought to himself.

"Why are you with him?" Sting asked with a scent of anger as Lucy shifted her leg uncomfortably.

"Well look- this may sound a bit drastic but- Natsu's not a bad guy- he made a mistake and-" Lucy was going to finish until sting interrupted once more.

"Actually it sounds very drastic. And extremely stupid, he's a monster Lucy, and he hurt me-"

"He is not a monster." Lucy claimed, with the coldest tone which caught Natsu by surprise.

It was oddly silent, while sting was technically glaring at Lucy and Natsu just kinda stood there helplessly, he truly did not remember this boy.

"Well whatever," sting had said as his glare had turned to Natsu. "I don't care as long as he doesn't go anywhere near me."

Lucy didn't respond, she felt it wasn't really necessary to respond.

Sting fixed a small messy patch of his spiked hair and looked once again towards Lucy but with more of a calm manner.

"We should head to class, are you coming Lucy?"

"Yeah, sure, you go on ahead." Lucy responded to him as sting nodded and left on down the hallway.

"Dude you could've apologized." Lucy stated to Natsu.

"Why?" Natsu said with a shrug,

Lucy stared at him in complete shock, trying not to believe what she had heard.

"Are you being serious right now?"

"What?! I've never met the kid... At least I think I haven't." Natsu replied, still being completely clueless.

"Figure it out- god I can't believe you Natsu." She was saying until this time it wasn't sting but it was the bell who had interrupted her.

"I'm going to be late, i'll see you later." She said sternly and went to class, leaving Natsu alone.

Natsu just exhaled and started walking to class, taking his time, even if he was going to be late to class.

"At least Lucy's looking at me again."