« 36 »

Once again,

Thank you guys for 5K reads.
______________________

"Natsu?"

It had been two weeks or so, and Natsu was sitting down by the riverside. The only place where he can cry for mercy and express his anger on the grass that's incapable of self defense.

However, he didn't come here for that reason. He only came because he needed to go somewhere silent. So he can sort his mind to where it wasn't all jumbled up and his feelings were just a remedy on repeat, trying to understand the things he couldn't find a solution to.

He enjoyed the fact that once he came here, all his worries just combined with the wind and flew onto who knows where. Also the quiet just filled him with the relief of not having to worry for anything around him.

But, this silence was disturbed when he heard someone call his name from a distance.

He turned around and there she was, her blonde hair in a high pony tail as usual, her glasses that she wears on rare occasions slowly peaking at the top of her nose, while she was wearing a black loose plain sweater, high wasted jeans, and some flats to match. And after two whole weeks, their eyes had meet again.

Brown on black.

"Oh, hey." Natsu said quickly and brought his gaze back to the crashing river.

It had been like this for quite a while now. To be exact, the day that Lucy had rejected him. However, they couldn't avoid each other. When Lucy tried to make a conversation, Natsu would just give her quick and shortened responses, adding a quite dull tone as well. Never meeting Lucy's eyes.

Natsu couldn't help it. It did really hurt him. And he didn't like that fact that it did.

He felt her sit near him on the grass.

"Mind if I join you..?"

"It seems you've already have." He replied with a normal tone.

The sunset that happened to be setting had poured over them,  causing Natsu to squint his eyes at the light.

"So you left early today.." Lucy said awkwardly, trying anything just to make a conversation.

"Yeah I guess I did."

The atmosphere was now at a complete awkward state, making it feel odd.

"Natsu. I miss you."

Natsu wished Lucy hadn't say that. It made him angry. Not in the type of angry you think,, it made him emotionally angry.

He couldn't find anything to say, so he just stayed quiet.

"I'm really sorry for whatever I have done. I just really, really want us to be the way we were before." Lucy said again, her voice shaking,

"I miss my best friend." Her voice then cracked in between, making Natsu's heart break slowly.

Natsu just shook his head.

All the time he had spent thinking of what to say and do was now over, cause he knew exactly what to do.

He looked at Lucy, complete eye contact, Brown on black.

"No Lucy," Natsu was surprised at how straight and steady his voice was. "You are definitely not going to apologize this time."

"Natsu I-"

"Lucy please listen. I want to apologize to you. Everything that happened that night — It was all my fault. You have done so much for me. Even though I pay rent for living in your house, that's never going to be enough to for all you have done for me. You did save my life after all." Natsu said with a complete truth.

"Natsu we're friends- I didn't even do anything"

"Yes you did," Natsu said sternly. "and I want to apologize. For just everything. But especially for thinking someone as perfect as you would, I mean- nevermind. I'm sorry. I really am."

He said once more, turning his gaze over to a turtle sitting on a lump of grass.

"O-Oh heh that's fine," Lucy stuttered. "You haven't done anything for me to hate you really." She replied.

Natsu just smiled gently and so did Lucy, letting the comforting silent film them once more.

After a short while Lucy decided to speak again.

"Hey um... Did you maybe want to get, I don't know, some ice cream..?" She asked nervously, awaiting his response.

"Sure, sounds great."
_____________
Chapter posted:

April 11th 2016
3:33 AM