«6»

Natsu Dragneel absolutely despised everything and everyone.

There was so much bitter and shame in him. Natsu knew that no one would never stay and ever care.

He always had to fend for himself, he had to protect himself, he had to do everything for himself.No one ever helped him. He also had to care for his little brother. He wasn't going to let anyone hurt Zeref, at least not again.

However, all the pressure and struggle was too much for him. That's when Natsu left home, and sometimes for a whole night he would sit by the river, and let everything that he was holding inside of him... out.

Natsu hated but I mean hated the dark more than anything. However, it was extremely quiet by the river. Natsu knew that no one came here, and that's exactly how Natsu liked it.

No one could see the tears streaming down his face except the millions of stars shining against the night sky.

They looked marvelous; happy, quiet, and pretty.

They weren't alone, and loneliness is what drowned Natsu.

Most times, Natsu would forget he had to return to his horrible life. He'd just lay under the bright stars, letting the wind dry his cold tears.

It was days like this that made Natsu just burst out into tears near the river. Today the sky was full of dark clouds, and for the weirdest reason that made Natsu sob even harder.

He knew he was alone. Or at least that's what he thought.

"Natsu..?"

He froze in his spot, turned around, and saw her... Lucy heartfilia.

"What the fuck do you want?" He snapped.

Natsu at the moment or mostly never wanted anyone to see him weak. He wouldn't let any one see him weak.

He had a hard time trying to see Lucy's figure in the darkness. The next thing he knew, Lucy sat down next to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Pulling him into a tight hug.

"Wh-What the fuck are you doing?! Get off!" He snapped but she stayed put, hugging him in even tighter.

Natsu tried not to start sobbing again. He tried hard. Yet it affected him, because he hadn't been hugged like that in the longest time.

He really missed it.

"Natsu... your not alone." Lucy whispered gently to him, running her fingers through his salmon hair.

And that's when Natsu completely lost it. He cried, and kept crying until his cries turned into sobs.

Lucy sat there, arms stills wrapped around his neck, not saying a single word. She just kept hugging him. Natsu felt like he was protected from the whole world in Lucy's arms. It was comforting. Really comforting to be exact.

Already half an hour has passed but it felt like forever. When Natsu finally stopped crying, he set his chin on Lucy's shoulder and wrapped his arms around her. Hugging her back ever so gently.

Suddenly Natsu fell backwards, pulling Lucy with him, her on top of him. He felt the heat in his cheeks rise and was about to get up but Lucy didn't let him. Not just yet. Since she was on top of him she had more of the advantage.

"Hey Natsu?" Lucy said quietly as he brought his gaze up to her.

"Yeah?"

"Do you see that?"

"See what?"

"Look up."

Lucy pointed to a specific spot in the sky as Natsu turned his head to the side, trying his best to look up and saw a dimly lit star, out shining the dark cloud. It was the only star in the sky at this time.

"Yeah I see it." He mumbled in a small whisper.

Natsu was sort've confused on why they were whispering. It's as if they were spilling their darkest of secrets to each other.

"I love how it still manages to shine in the dark sky even when it's alone." She said to him in a still whisper tone.

"It reminds me of you." She added.

They chose to ignore the much smaller star that stood right next to it, how much meaning it has if only they had noticed. It wasn't alone.

Natsu looked back up at Lucy as she had a serious face but still kept a smile on her lips.

The moonlight shined perfectly with her skin as her blonde hair covered a bit of her face.

Natsu sighed and closed his eyes as Lucy buried her face against his chest and took a deep breathe. From there it was how it was just a few minutes ago.

Silent.

Okay, so Natsu Dragneel might hate everyone and everything.

But maybe he hated Lucy Heartfilia a bit less.