Chapter 4

Ciara

I rolled my eyes after I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

I looked at my phone and twisted my face up. "Why are you calling me Trell?"

"I miss you a lot."

"Look Trell I don't want to be with you anymore, you broke my fucking heart and all you got to say is you miss me?"

"I said I was sorry what else I gotta do?" He sighed.

"Stop talking to me." I said and hung up the phone.

I relaxed in the bed and closed my eyes. As soon as I closed them my phone started ringing again.

Groaning I answer, "Stop calling me please." I begged.

"What I do?" Michael asked confused.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I thought you was my ex."

"What happened? You good? Do I gotta handle dat nigga?" He asked.

I smiled at his protectiveness, "No I handled it, thanks boo."

"Alright." He relaxed. "Tell me if that nigga do some else."

"Will do."

"Mhmm." He hummed in the phone.

"So why you call me at 8:30 in the morning?"

"I almost forgot." He chucked. "What's your favorite color?"

"Blue." I answered confusedly.

"Oh for real? I couldn't tell with all that red you had on yesterday." He laughed loudly.

I playfully rolled my eyes and laughed, "Shut up."

"I'm finna get ready to go to work love."

"Me too, I'll talk to you later Michael." I said and hung up the phone.

"Another day of work." I groaned and stood up.

45 minutes later I am dressed in a teal t-shirt dress, silver sandals, and a clutch.

"Today is not going to be a good day." I said while watching the rain hit the window.

I grabbed my umbrella and locked the door to my home.

-------

Finally at work I drink a water and wait for my client Josie Williams to get here. She was an older lady that has been coming to me whenever she had a new idea for her house. She loved changing colors and decorating. That's why I love her. Hearing the door creak I walked over to the door to greet her.

"Hello Mrs. Williams." I greeted her and walked back to my office chair.

"Hi Ciara. How are you today honey?"

"Fine, I could live without the rain though." I smiled. "How are you?"

"Great."

"That is wonderful. Now, I have 3 swatches here that I thought you would like inside your home." I said while sliding the swatches toward her.

"Oh my these are really beautiful." She gazed in awe.

I smiled seeing that I had done a good job so far. "Which one do you like the most?"

"This blue, gold, and white is really catching my eye."

"I thought you would say that so, I went ahead and found some furniture that would really pop with the color."