Chapter 36

-Friday Night-

~Ciara

I stood in my closet with my towel wrapped around me, I was trying to figure out what to wear to his mother's house. After trying on almost everything in my closet I decided on a striped black and white shirt and some blue jean shorts with a tan jacket. After that I put on a necklace and some black pumps to dress up my outfit. While Michael was finishing up his hair in the bathroom, I moved in and started on my hair and makeup. I started on my hair first, putting it up in a half bun and fanning it out. Then I put pins to hold them down and fixed my edges and tied a scarf around it until I finished my makeup. 15 Minutes later I was finally done and I headed down stairs.

"Ready?" Michael asked.

"Yes." I said and headed out to his car.

———

When we arrived at his mother's I became very nervous. With every step my stomach began to turn. "You okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright." He said and knocked on the door. The door opened and I immediately put a smile on my face.

"Hey Ma." He said and hugged her. "This is Ciara." He pointed to me.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hello sweetheart, please come in." She said with a smile, stepping back slightly so we can come in. "Oh my, you sure are pretty, give me a hug." I smiled and walked toward her, leaning down a little to hug her.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, I've heard so much about you." I said smiling.

"Oh really? That's surprising." She laughed lighly, grabbing some wine.

"Ma I told you to lay off the drinks." Michael said.

"I know son but It's a special occasion." I laughed and they did too. "So, the food is already ready, y'all get your plates and then I'll get mine."

"Would you like me to make it for you?" I asked.

"That's so sweet, If you don't mind would you please?"

"I don't mind." I smiled and walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks." Michael said.

"For w-"

"Ooh, Macaroni." He cut me off.

"Really?" I stale faced him.

"Sorry." He said. "I got excited."

"I see." I giggled. I scooped some of everything onto her plate and carried our plates to the table.

"Thank you." She smiled and I took a seat, smiling back. "Would you like some wine?"

"Yes ma'am." She poured me a full glass and I drank some. It was really good and sweet.

"What about you?" She asked Michael.

"No I'm not a wine drinker." I was shocked that he was a drinker because I never saw him drink anything before.

"I only have one question." She sipped some of her tea.
—————

After we finished eating we talked a few more minutes and we finally got ready to leave.