Chapter 35

~Michael

I shot up instantly from my bed, due to the weird dream I had. I got up and got dressed since I took today off. I called Martin since I was bored, with nothing to do.

"Aye Martin."

"Wassup man, what's the word."

"Nun just trying to see what you up to."

"Nothing at all, what you trying to do?"

"What ever you up for, Imma come scoop you."

"Alright I'll be ready."

I hung up and hopped in the car, pulling off. I was deep into thought as I drove down the street. My dream was some real deep shit, Ciara left me cause she thought I ain't want her to meet my moms. That dream was seriously a wake up call, I'm thinking about wifing Ciara and I just realized my mom still has no idea. I dialed my mom's number and put it on speaker phone.

"Hey son."

"Hey."

"Haven't talked to you in a while, what's up?"

I pulled off from the light trying to see how I'm going to tell her. "There's someone I want you to meet." I said hesitantly.

"Your girlfriend we talked about?"

"Yes..." I trailed off. "But no."

"Huh?" She asked, confused.

"She's my girlfriend but I already gave her a promise ring, I think I'm ready to wife her."

"Michael, what?"

"Yes." I sighed. "Sorry I didn't let you know before, I was trying to see how I felt about her then I started falling and lost track of time."

"I see. So what's the deal now?"

"I want you to meet her at dinner."

"Okay son, am I making this dinner?"

"Please?" I asked, hoping she said yes.

"Alright." She said and I thanked God in my head.

"Thanks Ma." I smiled as I pulled up at Martin's crib. "Imma talk to you tomorrow I'm at Martin's."

"Oh!" She said. "Tell my second son I said hello."

"Will do."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

I got out the car and knocked on his door. He answered, gave me a dap and I walked inside. "Wassup man." He asked.

"Nothin' almost got myself in a pickle though."

"What happened?" He said as he sat down at the island along with me.

"Well I forgot all about telling my mom about everything with Ciara."

"So you ain't talked to your mom in damn near a year?"

"Nah, nah." I said. "I just forgot to tell her, living with Ciara seems so normal."

"Right, right." He tapped his chin as if he was trying to get what I was saying.

"But guess what else."

"What?"

"Some in my dream told me- well reminded me I never told my Moms."

"How?"

"Ciara left me cause she thought I was hiding her from my Moms, oh and by the way she said hello."