Chapter 15

~Ciara

I sat up slowly, blinking a couple times while gathering my surroundings. I stood up thinking of where Michael could be, since he wasn't still in the bed. I went and brushed my teeth and took a shower. I put on some shorts and a tank top while walking downstairs.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I heard Michael call from the kitchen. I walked in there quickly and smiled once I seen his back turned away from me and fixing up breakfast.

"Morning." I started, "You made this?" I asked walking up beside him.

"Nope, I can't cook for shit, but I ran to the breakfast place down the street."

"Oh okay." I said picking up a piece of bacon.

"Stop." He said slapping my hand. "I'm making your plate." I rubbed my hand and pouted.

"Okay." I said sitting down at the table.

"Here you go." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you." I smiled and waited for him to sit down so we could say grace. He sat down and grabbed my hands. "God is great; God is good; Thank you for this food, Amen."

"Amen." He said and I opened my eyes, digging into my food.

"Lord have mercy, slow down babe." He said laughing.

I swallowed my bacon and spoke, "I'm not even eating that fast, but this food is good."

"It is though." He said and scooped a spoon of eggs in his mouth.

"Lord have mercy, slow down babe." I said mocking him.

"Yeah, real funny Cee." He said smiling.

----------

I was sitting at my design studio, but due to the extremely hot weather today nobody was showing up. The phone rang bringing me out my thoughts

"Ciara's Interior Design how may I help you."

"Hey, this is Janet. I won't be able to come in today; I am so sorry."

"No worries Janet, I was just getting ready to close up for the day because it is lunch time and no one feels like coming in today."

"Yeah it really is something else out here, you should start coming to houses." I sat back and thought for a moment.

"I'll think about that."

"Please do, I'll be in next weekend." She said.

"Alright." I said and hung up. I sat back and sighed, "Nothing to do." I stood up and grabbed my cellphone, walking to the front of the store.

"Tisha, you can leave; I'll still pay you for today."

"Oh forreal girl, you the bomb. Now i can spend more time with the hubby." She said grabbing her things.

"Have fun with that." I laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay." She gave me a hug and waited for me to lock the door.

"Bye." I said waving as we separated into our separate cars. I took a deep breath and started the car. "Let me call Maria." I mumbled.

I placed the phone to my ear and it rang a few times before she picked up. "Hello."

"What you doing? You still sleep." I asked.

"Yeah, I was up since three."

"Why-" I started and then my eyes widened remembering what Martin had said, "Never mind I think I know."