Chapter 32

~Ciara

I woke up seeing that Michael took the early shift so he could go on the date with me. I smiled and called Tisha, letting her know that we were still going on the double date tonight. After I got off the phone with her I got dressed to go to Mrs. Williams house. I slid my purse and my folder into the car and grabbed my keys. When I was about to get into the car my neighbor Korey spoke to me from the other side of the fence. I smiled and waved to him and slid into the car, starting it up. There was a hard knock at the window, causing my soul to jump from my body. I looked up to see Michael standing there so, I rolled the window down.

"Hey babe." I said and smiled. "I thought you went to work."

"Yeah, I'm leaving in a minute, I was in the car talking to Martin and him bragging about his night." He said and sighed heavily while leaning on my car. "Who is that nigga?"

"Who Korey?"

"Korey?" He questioned, "Is that the nigga that spoke to you?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Wassup man." Korey called, probably seeing Michael for the first time.

Michael looked at me and turned around slowly to face him. "Sup." He turned back around to me. "So y'all close friends?"

I shook my head. "No, we aren't."

"Okay, he been living here a long time?"

"Yeah, longer than I have actually."

"Oh, for real?" He tapped his chin. "I've never seen him."

"True." I agreed with him, since he has been m.i.a for a while.

"You look nice mama."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Well baby I'm going to take off."

"Alright me too, I'm going to stop at the restaurant Nisha works at, I'm starving."

"Okay, have a good day." He kissed my cheek. "I'll be back home at 5:30."

"You too and okay."

"Love you."

"Love you too." I rolled up the window and watched him walk toward his car. Once he got in I backed from the driveway and took off down the street.

-------

"Hey Nisha." I walked inside and waved at her.

"Hey Ciara, what you doing here?"

"Starving, can I get something really fast?"

"Sure, what do you want to eat?"

"I really want a burger for some reason."

"Alright, and how would you like that?"

"Well done."

"Alright I'll get that out here as soon as possible."

After I walked to a booth and sat down she came back out and sat across with me. "So what you been up to?"