5 - Drunk Twenty Somethings

Chapter Five - Drunk Twenty Somethings

Due to the weather warming up so much this week, Levi decided to have a barbecue. Not that I'll enjoy it though.

Brett and I have avoided each other all week. I think that conversation was way too weird for both of us to recover from.

The worst has to be when we're in the same room together. It's just awkward stares and excuses to leave. I try to stay in my room the most that I can.

The only thing that makes it difficult is when Levi has a girl over. No sister can put up with listening to her brother make a girl moan, talk about nasty.

"Hey Whit, could you grab the plastic cups out of that cabinet?" Levi pointed up above the fridge as he passed through. "Bring them outside please."

"I can try." I stood up on my tip toes, completely failing at reaching. I even tried to do a little hop but only knocked them closer to the back.

I let out a screech as my feet suddenly rose off the floor but I quickly grabbed the bag of cups while I was up there.

When my feet touched back down, I spun around, still shocked, especially to see Brett walking out the door.

That was really weird.

The barbecue was in full blast out back. I have yet to go down because lucky for me, Levi and Brett invited their pervy play station friends.

None of them brought girls, no surprise there.

Searching through my closet, I couldn't find anything decent to wear. Levi took me to buy new summer clothes a couple days ago, but nothing is pleasing me right now.

Opening my bottom dresser drawer, I pulled out my new bikini. It was hot pink with little gold clasps. It was a good mix of cute and classy, but I'm dreading wearing it in front of all the creeps.

I'll suck it up for Levi though because it's 75 degrees out and he filled up the pool a few days back just in thought of me.

I walked into the back yard, wearing an oversized t-shirt. It hung about mid thigh and I noticed some of the boys already glancing at me.

"Food will be ready in a few minutes Whit." Levi informed me.

"Okay, I'm just going to take a dip first." I kept my voice low, hoping the boys wouldn't notice, "I need to get my skin wet so I can get a good tan." It's a good excuse to not stay in there for too long.

Standing next to the pool ladder, I crossed my arms over the hem of my shirt, pulling it upwards, and praying no one was looking because this was in no way graceful.

When my shirt came off, thankfully without me stumbling, I met the eyes of at least six of the guys. They all nervously looked away, knowing that Levi would definitely catch them watching me.

Slowly, I made my way up the ladder, trying to evenly distribute my weight so that it wouldn't shake around too much. When I reached the top, I hopped in, just enough to get my skin wet but not my hair. I hate chlorine in my hair.

The boys were definitely struggling to keep to themselves, that was until Levi invited quite a few girls over.

I noticed most of them were brunettes and I can only assume that's his type. Levi would be low enough to base a girl on her looks. You should never doubt my brother's player ways.