15 - Campsite 72

Chapter 15 - Campsite 72

"Is that the last of it?" I looked at Melissa as she walked into my room holding a box of clothes.

"Yup." She threw the box down on my bed and then wiped the sweat from her forehead.

"Thank God." Today is the hottest day of Summer so far, reaching eighty degrees with seventy percent humidity.

If that weren't brutal enough, it's also the day we head off for the music fest. Melissa decided that she'd stay back to care for Clover.

"Are you all packed?" Melissa asked and I pointed to the sports bag by my door.

"Yes ma'am."

"What are you bringing?" She flashed a devious smile and reached for the bag.

"Nothing perverted."

"Shorts, tank tops, a crop top." She continued to pull things out of the bag. "Oh what's this?" She dangled my bikini top on her finger.

"You never know if we'll go swimming in the lake."

"Hunny, I've been to that fest. Trust me, you won't need this to go swimming." She rolled her eyes and I gasped.

"I am not skinny dipping when my brother is there!"

"It'll be dark!" She justified.

"No!" I pulled the top out of her hands and shoved it back into the bag.

"Suit yourself. Your body is way better than Melony's. You should show it off."

I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at her. "What?"

"You heard me."

"How do you know what she looks like?"

Melissa pointed to the window that she was staring out. I rushed over to her side and peeked from behind the curtains.

Brett was helping a blonde girl grab a few suit cases out of his car.

Melony.

He left a couple hours ago to pick her up from the airport. I didn't think they'd be back so soon.

"Melissa I'm all sweaty!"

"I thought you don't care about her?"

"I don't!"

"Then why are you competing?" She placed a hand on her hip and gave me the know-it-all look that she's perfected.

I glared at her and ran my fingers through my hair, trying to smooth it out somewhat.

"My body is not better than hers." I huffed.

"Sure it is."

"Are you crazy? I wish my ass looked like that."

"Squats bitch."

"Shut it." Melissa has suggested a few times that I go to a gym with her but the idea of using equipment that other people sweat all over, truly disgusts me.

"Let's go meet her."

"No."

"Yes." Melissa grabbed my hands and tugged me towards the door.

"No!"

"Whitney! You'll have to eventually!" She lectured and shoved me out the door.

My body smacked right into someone else's and once I steadied myself, I froze in place.