11 - Butter me up

I just wasn't feeling like that last chapter was lovey enough for valentine's day, so here is one more that's a bit more heartfelt!
_________________________________________

Eleven - Butter me up

A newspaper smacked me in the face and tea spilled all over my jeans.

"What the fuck?" I looked up to see Levi with a bright red face and laughs squeaking out through his hand. "I'll get you back." I warned.

"Shut up and check that out."

I looked down at the front page where there was an advertisement for the annual summer music fest. Every year it's held in the next city over and teenagers sneak away to it for a weekend of alcohol poisoning and sex.

"I thought it'd be cool if we went." I nearly choked on my remaining tea and I checked Levi's face to see if he was being serious.

He looked pretty set on it.

"I don't think so Levi." Don't get me wrong, it'd be fun, but drunk people are way too unpredictable.

"Come on, you need to get out of this house."

"Brett gets me out of the house everyday." Levi and I have been a little distant since our fight so I lean towards Brett with everything.

"And I appreciate what he does, but wouldn't you like to put your progress to good use?" Levi lowered himself into the chair next to me.

"Maybe."

"You know you'd have a kick ass time, and I'd make sure Brett or myself are by your side the whole time."

"Levi."

"Please! I'm going either way and I'm sure Brett will too, so you're either having fun with us, or you're sitting here alone."

This is the first time I've ever actually debated staying home alone when given the option to stick by Levi's side.

"I'll be the sober one for a night and you can get drunk..."

"I don't even drink that much, so you're bargaining is a fail." We also both know that him babysitting could be the intention, but either way, I always end up taking care of his drunk ass.

"I already took the vacation time off for it and paid for our campsite..."

Of course he did. "I'll think about it."

I just buttoned my clean pair of jeans when someone knocked on my bedroom door.

I threw on my henley tee as I opened the door. Brett stood on the other side with a huge grin.

I rolled my eyes at his goofy expression. "What do you want?" It was time for our daily walk but he looked like he was scheming.

We've been going for afternoon walks everyday this week. It seems as though we just let the first day roll off our backs. Neither of us cared to talk about it, and we both acted as if we never argued.

"I have an idea."

"Continue." I felt leery of his words.

"These." He held up two walkie talkies.

"What are you going to do with them?" I opened my dresser to put some clothes away.

"You mean what are we going to do with them." He corrected me. "I just thought that our walks have been going well, so maybe now would be the time for you to walk by yourself."

I stared at him silently.

"These will stretch for about two miles away. I'll stay here while you walk Clover's normal route. If you get nervous, you can just talk to me through these." He shrugged as if that was simple. And maybe it was for him, but for me it sounded like I was agreeing to being shot.