6 - Hung Up

Chapter Six - Hung Up

Levi came stumbling down the stairs, bracing himself against the railing. He had dark rings under his eyes and his hair was disheveled.

He looked like a wreck and he smelled like it too as he walked over to me.

Behind him trailed a petite brunette girl. She looked ashamed of herself and a little shy.

I'd be shy too if I was in a boy's shirt that barely covered my butt.

"Whit, could you borrow... ah-" He rubbed at his jaw awkwardly and looked at the girl.

"Melissa." Her voice was very soft and girly. If you weren't looking at her when she spoke, you'd probably assume she was ten years old.

"Something to wear." He finished.

"Sure, let's go."

Melissa followed me into my room and I dug through my dresser drawers looking for something she might like.

I found a dark red tank top and a pair of black jean shorts.

"Sorry I have nothing pink." I tossed the clothes at her.

"I actually hate pink." Her voice was barely a whisper. I find it hard that such an innocent looking girl, slept with Levi.

"You can change in there." I pointed to the window room.

A few minutes later, she walked out holding Levi's shirt. "Thanks." She smiled. "That's a really pretty view by the way."

"Yeah, I know." I took Levi's shirt from her and threw it into my hamper.

"I really like your room, it has a very dark vibe to it." She looked around, her eyes falling back on me.

"Yeah, that's what I was going for."

"Nice."

We just kind of looked at each other for a while, nobody saying anything. I could tell she had no clue where to go now. It was obvious that she was just a one night stand to Levi.

"So why'd you do it?" My curiosity bit at me and it's something I've wanted to ask all of Levi's one night stands. I've just never understood the logic of a one nighter, ya know?

She looked utterly confused. "Why'd you sleep with Levi?" I clarified.

The girl looked so appalled and sickened. "I didn't sleep with him!" She said exasperated.

"You're kidding me, right?" There's no way she's being honest. Levi does not let girls stay the night if he's not getting something out of it.

"No, I swear. We just cuddled."

"Then why did you have his shirt on?" I asked suspiciously.

"I showed up in my swim suit. I had nothing to wear to bed."

Okay. "So you're telling me that Levi and you just.... cuddled?" Forgive me for being a bit of a skeptic here, but Levi doesn't ever just cuddle with girls. Especially when he's that drunk.

"Who are you?" Her tone had a little sass to it and I quite liked the side she was starting to show.

"I'm his sister." Seriously though, we look so much alike. How do people mess this up?

"Oh." She seemed embarrassed. "Well, Levi and I only cuddled. I'm not some slut." She held her calmness.

"Alright." I sighed in defeat. She must be telling the truth.  "Just know that you must be something special then."