Chapter 5 - The surprise - A battle to remember

(Authors Notes)

Hey there everyone, a quick introduction, welcome to Chapter 5, from the last chapter, it seems no one found out who the headteacher was...well since no one likes a wasted cookie, I'll eat it. (Eats cookie) yum. Anyway, time for the reveal, the headteacher is..........Professor Rowan. Yep it's him. Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter.

---------------------------------------------
(Third person)

Everyone walked into to sports hall and sat down in the seats that were laid out in rows in front of the stage at the far end of the hall. Ash and his friends sat next to each other and started talking about stuff.

"What do you think the surprise is?" Ash asked everyone, "No clue" Gary said, "Yea, this is first time we've had a surprise here, so it could be anything" Clemont added.

The headteacher walked onto the stage and looked at all of the students. He cleared his throat, however, all the students were still talking and didn't notice him. A vain popped up on his forehead. "QUIET!!!!!!!" He shouted making all of the students jump and stay quiet and looked to the headteacher. He cleared his throat again.

"Now, I'll introduce myself to those who have not seen me before. I am Professor Rowan and I am the headteacher at this school. I will not put up with any misbehaving students and those who do Misbehave with be given a one hour to two hour detention after school." He explained, "wow, he's strict" Ash whispered, "trust me, he can get worse" Serena whispered back.

"NOW! On to the reason I brought you all here" he started. "We have a surprise for everyone which I'm sure you'll like" he said. "Thanks to the kind permission of the Pokemon league we have been allowed to watch an expedition match of the champion herself, here at this school". This made everyone chat for a few seconds.

"The champion, this is amazing. To see the champion battle!" Gary said, "hey, who is the champion?" Ash asked, "oh yea, you don't know do you, the champion's name is Diantha" Clemont said, "Diantha, cool, I can't wait to see her battle" he replied.

"OK! Everyone, now, introducing the champion, Diantha!" Rowan shouted as he pointed to one of doors to the hall as it opened and Diantha walked through and walked onto the stage. (Her appearance is the same from the X and Y game and anime) "Wow! It's actually her!" A student shouted.

"Hello everyone, my name is Diantha and I hope that you will enjoy the battle today" Diantha said. "OK, everyone outside! To the battlefield" Rowan shouted and everyone ran outside talking about Diantha and the battle to come.

Once everyone was outside and Diantha and the person she was to face came outside and went onto the battlefield, they sent out their Pokemon.

"Come on out Aggron!" The trainer said as he threw his Pokeball. His name was Sam. Aggron came out of its pokeball and landed on the battlefield and let out a loud roar.

"Gardevoir, let's put on a show!" Diantha shouted as she sent out her Pokemon.

The referee then shouted, "OK! This will be a one on one battle between Diantha the champion and Sam the challenger, the loser will be the ones whos Pokemon is unable to battle first! Now! Battle begin!" The referee finished. The battle had now begun.

"Aggron! Iron head!" Sam shouted and then Aggron shot towards Diantha's Gardevoir. Gardevoir made eye contact with Diantha and then dodged the attack by moving so fast it looked like it was teleporting.

"Wow! Look at that!" A student shouted as Gardevoir kept dodging the iron heads with ease.

"That must be how much of a strong bond they have with each other" professor sycamore said.