Chapter 22 - Serena's Birthday

(Authors Notes - I'm Baaaaaaack! Wow! It's been a long time since this book has been updated hasn't it, I'm really sorry about that everyone. I've had a lot going on at university and I've had close to no time to continue writing in my books, but don't worry, none of them are going to be discontinued, there's just going to be bigger gaps between chapters, but I'll try to make sure you're not waiting 1 to 2 years between chapters from now on 😓. Now without further ado, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll see you at the end)
———————————————————————
(Third Person)

The next week went by just like normal, with a few students and teachers wishing Serena a happy birthday. Calem on the other hand. Well. Calem acted like Calem, "Serena! Your gonna love what I got you!" Calem would say nearly everyday, and now, the day had finally arrived, it was Serena's birthday.

The time was 5:15pm and Ash, the rest of Serena's friends, and Calem were either on their way to the party or getting ready.

----With Ash----

Ash was standing in the living room in his house, he was wearing black pants and a buttoned up white shirt and a tie. He kept moving the top of the tie with an awkward expression on his face. "Do I need to wear this?" Ash complained. "Come on Ash, I think you look great" Delia replied, "And you need to wear something nice to Serena's party don't you" Delia added. "I suppose" Ash replied as he finished moving his tie.

"Now then" Delia said as she walked up to Ash and fixed his tie, again, "we better get going" Delia explained, "right" Ash replied. Ash was holding the box with the ribbon he got for Serena in his hand wrapped in wrapping paper and the other box with the neckless inside in his pocket, he wanted it to be a surprise.

Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder, Pikachu had a small, black, bow-tie around his neck. Ash, Pikachu and Delia then went to the front door, opened it, stepped outside and locked the door behind them. They all left the house's drive and got into Delia's car, Delia then started driving towards Luminose City, where the party was taking place.

----20 Minutes Later----

Delia stopped the car on the side of the road, across the street from Luminose Hall. Luminose Hall was a huge three story high building with a walkway up to the entrance with grass on either side of the pavement and there was a gate which people had to go through to get to the building.

"Here we are" Delia stated. "And we only got lost five times" Ash added as he let out a small laugh. "Well you're only a little late" Delia replied. "Now go, have a good time" Delia added. "Alright. See you later" Ash replied, he quickly got out of the car and crossed the road. He then waved to his mum as she drove back home.

Once the car was out of sight, Ash turned around and opened the big gate in front of him. He quickly walked across the gravel pavement towards the door to the building. He then opened the door and walked inside before closing the door behind him.

Ash stood on the spot as he looked around the building. In front of him, in the middle of the room was a reception desk and a woman was sat down on a chair behind it. On both sides of the desk, was a set of stairs which led up to the next floor of the building. The building had a red carpet floor and the walls were painted black and red with small lights on the walls.

Ash walked up to the desk, as he approached the desk, the woman sitting behind the desk noticed him and stood up to face him. "Good afternoon, welcome to Luminose Hall, can I help you with anything?" The woman stated. "Hello, I'm here for my friends birthday, her name's Serena" Ash replied.