Chapter 14 - Ash's Secret

(Authors Notes)

Hello everyone, welcome to the next chapter. What's this, less than a day and the next chapter is up.

Well I didn't want you guys waiting too long to find out what Ash's secret is, so I wrote the chapter as soon as I could and luckily for me I had a lot of free time, so I decided, "let's write the chapter!" 😄

Anyway. I hope you enjoy the chapter and see you at the end.

---------------------------------------------
(Last Time)

"Nice to see you guys again" the student said. Ash and everyone else turned around to see who it was.

(Third Person)

"Oh no" Misty said, "what do you want?" Gary asked. It was Miette. "I'm just coming to say hello" Miette said, "why? You hate us" Misty said. "Oh don't be like that, I don't hate you" Miette said. "Righhhhht" Gary said. "Well, maybe you" Miette said to Gary.

"Oh" Miette said as she looked at Ash, "who are you?" Miette said, "my names Ash. Ash Ketchum" Ash said. Miette then looked at him, both shocked and a little happy. "Oh my Arceus!" Miette shouted. Everyone looked at her confused. "You aren't from Kanto are you?" Miette asked. Ash just looked at her, he was nervous. "Um. Y-yea, I am" Ash said. "No way! So it's you!" Miette shouted. Ash gulped.

"Hey Miette. What's so exciting about Ash" Gary asked. "You mean you guys don't know who he is" Miette said, "huh" everyone but Ash said, instead, Ash was looking at her, both shocked and really nervous. "She knows!" Ash shouted in his head.

"This is Ash" Miette said to everyone, "he was champion of Kanto" Miette said. Ash felt as if he had been hit by a bus. "Why'd she have to say it" he said in his head. "WHAT!!!!" All of Ash's friends shouted. "Huh" Miette said. She then looked at Ash. "You didn't tell anyone" she said. Ash didn't say anything.

"Oh. Well, I'm gonna go" Miette said as she walked off. Ash slowly turned around to see all of his friends staring him down. "YOU WERE THE CHAMPION OF KANTO!" Everyone but Serena shouted. "Uh...well....uh..." Ash said, "hey guys. Let's let him talk, I'm sure he had a reason for not telling us" Serena said raising her hands to everyone. "YEA. TALK ASH!" They shouted.

"W-well. Y-you see" He said. "I-I was worried". "Huh" they all said, not shouting, just wondering. "Why were you worried. What about?" Serena asked. "I-I was worried that if I told you guys. T-then you wouldn't want to be my friends any more" Ash said. "What" they all said but let him carry on.

"You see. When I was in Kanto, I left on a Pokemon journey when I was 10 to beat all the gyms and face the Pokemon league" Ash said. "Well. I managed to do it, and I was able to defeat the champion, which made me the new champion" he said. "After that I stayed as champion for a while, then I decided that I'd try something new so I decided to go to high school" He continued.

"I still did my Champion duties, battling trainers who wanted to challenge me and so on" he said. "While I was in school though. Everyone was nice to me. I thought that everyone was my friend" he said, he looked at the floor. His cap covered his face. "B-but one day" Ash said, his voice sounded different to before.

"My champion duties started to get in the way of all the other things I wanted to do" Ash said, "I never seemed to have time to do what I wanted" he said. "So I decided I wanted to stop".