Chapter 8 - Risking it all

(Authors note - hello everyone and welcome to my longest chapter so far. I hope you enjoy it. See you at the end of the chapter)

(Third Person)

After 5 minutes of running, Ash arrived at Professor Sycamore's Lab. Ash quickly ran through the doors to the building.

----Meanwhile----

Across the street. Team Rocket were stuck in a tree and they saw Ash.

"It's the twerp" Jessie said, "what luck, we can try and steal that Pikachu again" James said, "let's get out of this tree first" Meowth said, suddenly the branch they were on broke and they fell to the ground. "OK...Now we can go" Meowth said. They then ran away to plan.

----back to Ash----

"Professor Sycamore! Are you here!" He shouted. "Yea, I'm coming!" Came a voice from down the hall.

As he came into view Ash said "Professor Sycamore, I need your help". "Froakie!" He shouted as he ran up to Ash, Ash handed Froakie to him. "He's hurt bad" Ash said, "Froakie, where have you been" Professor Sycamore said, "Sophie! Come here!" He shouted down the hall and a few seconds later Sophie came down the hall. He handed her the Froakie, "Froakie needs help" he said, "right" Sophie said as she ran back down the hall with Froakie.

He turned back to Ash, "thank you for bringing Froakie here" he said, "it's no problem, will he be ok?" Ash asked, "don't worry, he'll be just fine" Professor Sycamore said. "Wait a minute. Your Ash aren't you, from school" he said, "yea, that's me" Ash said. Just then Serena and everyone else came through the door.

"Ash! Run a bit slower next time" Clemont said completely out of breath. "Sorry" Ash said rubbing the back of his head.

"Hello, so your all here are you?" Professor Sycamore said. "Hi Professor" they all said.

"Are you all here about Froakie?" He asked, they all nodded, "alright then, come with me" he said, they all followed him to a room and they all sat down on the couches.

"So, where did you find Froakie" Professor Sycamore asked. "It was at the beach, when he saved Pikachu" Ash said. "Saved Pikachu?" He repeated.

"Yea, I was fighter Team Rocket, and before Pikachu got hit by an attack, Froakie jumped in front of him and took the damage" Ash said.

"I see, but who are Team Rocket?" He asked, "long story short, they're a group of bad guys that are always trying to steal peoples Pokemon" Ash said.

"Gar!!!" Came a voice, everyone looked towards the source of the voice.

"Wow! A Garchomp!" Bonnie shouted. "Yea, Garchomp lives here at the lab" Professor Sycamore said as he walked up to it, everyone followed him.

"Hi Garchomp"  Professor Sycamore said, the Garchomp was looking at Froakie through a window into the room he was in.

"Gar Gar" Garchomp said, "Don't worry, Froakie will be fine, you can thank these people for bringing him here" Professor Sycamore said pointing at Ash and his friends. Garchomp turned around to face them.

"It's alright Garchomp, Froakie will be fine, trust me" Ash said as he walked up the Garchomp and petted it.

"Garrr" Garchomp said.

"Hey Professor! Can I pet Garchomp please, I've never seen one before" Bonnie said. "Sure, you don't mind do you Garchomp?" Professor Sycamore asked.