Chapter 20 - Invitations

(Third Person)

It was now the 18th of October. It had been 3 weeks since Ash had found out his feelings for Serena. Since then, Ash and all his friends had gone to different places around Vaniville Town and Luminous City. Ash would occasional find himself looking at Serena and starting to feel himself blush. He had to keep shaking his head to stop himself. He hadn't told any of his friends about his feelings for Serena. He thought they'd embarrass him. Or worse...Tell Serena.

Ash woke up at 7:30am Friday morning. Delia had gotten a call the day before from Kalos High, telling her that the school was open again the next day. He slowly sat up in his bed, still half asleep. He rubbed his eyes and then noticed Pikachu still asleep at the end of his bed. "I'll get changed and then wake him up" Ash said quietly and in a sleepy voice.

He quietly got out of his bed and went to his drawer to get his clothes. After getting all of his clothes. He started to close his drawer. But before it fully closed, he noticed something at the bottom of the drawer. He picked it up and looked at it. It only took him a second to realise what it was. "Hey. It's my copy of the picture that was taken at the summer camp, when I first met Serena" Ash said in his head. "I forgot where this was" he said in his head. He then looked around it and quickly found him and Serena standing next to each other. He smiled slightly and then put the picture on top of his drawer in its picture frame. He then got changed into his usual clothes.

After adjusting his hat. He walked up to his bed and slightly shook Pikachu, who was still asleep. "Chuuu..." Pikachu said as he started to wake up. "Come on buddy. We got to go get breakfast" Ash said. Pikachu stood up and stretched his legs, before jumping into Ash's shoulder. "Pika" Pikachu said happily. Ash then went downstairs and got him and his Pokemon breakfast. Once he was finished, he walked into the living to find his mum sat on the couch, watching TV. Ash sat next to her while Pikachu and Froakie ran around the house, burning off their excess energy.

"What are you watching?" Ash asked. "It's information about the Pokemon Tournament. Listen to this" Delia said as she turned the TV's volume up.

"In a few months time. We will be holding the world's third Pokemon Tournament" The announcer on the TV stated. "At this current time we do not have an exact location as to where it will be taking place" she continued. "For the last two years. The winning Region has been Sinnoh. We all wonder who will win this year" She said. "This year however. We will be having special rules according to the producers of this event. These rules have not yet been released to us" she explained. "For all those looking to enter in this years tournament. You will be able to enter at any Pokemon centre in your region, however, entry only begins in December so don't try and enter yet" She continued. "That's all we have on the Pokemon Tournament so far. Stay tuned for more information later into the year" She finished. The screen then switched to a different person who started talking about other stuff.

"Awesome. The Pokemon Tournament" Ash said happily as he pumped his fist. Delia gave a small laugh. "I guess you're going to join it?" Delia asked. "Definitely" Ash answered. "But if I'm gonna join. I'm gonna have go to Kanto and get my Pokemon" Ash said. "Don't make any rash decisions. We still don't know where it's taking place. Let's wait until then" Delia explained. "Yea...I guess so" Ash replied.

Delia checked the time on her phone. "Oh dear. It's that time already" Delia said. The time was; 8:30am. She stood up from the couch and turned to Ash. "I need to get going" Delia said. "Ok. See you later" Ash replied. "See you" Delia said. She then walked to the front door and opened it. "Oh" Delia quickly said as she saw someone in front of the door way with their fist in a position which showed they were about to knock on the door. "H-Hello" the person said as they put their hand back to their side. "Hello Serena. Do you want to see Ash?" Delia asked. "Um...Y-Yes please" Serena replied. "Ash. Come here please" Delia said to Ash.