Chapter 8: Invitation to a Rich Birthday Party

"Yugi."

"What."

"Happen?"

Ryou, Joey, and Malik stare at me as I sit down at the head of the table. My fingers are intertwine as I lay my chin on them. My eyes closed as I refreshed my mind of what has happen moments ago.

"I told you. He escaped."

That's when Joey shoot out of his chair and slam both of his hands on the table. He glared at me.

"I mean how? How Yugi?"

I open my eyes and glared back at him.

"Sit."

He got the point and sit down. Grumbling in annoyance, while crossing his arms.

"Again....he fooled us again...."

"Ummmm....excused me?"

All four of us turn towards the speaker.

Yami.

"I have a question."

"What is it? Mr. Sennen."

(Me: Pff...Mr. Sennen...Pfft! Yami: Yeah yeah. Can we please stop laughing at my last name and get the story going. Me: Of course....Mr. Sennon. Yami: *Growl*)

"First off, don't call me 'Mr. Sennen'. Second, we want to know what's going on."

"And why are we held captive here?" Bakura, which he introduced us by Yami, growled. A strap of bandages is wrap around Bakura's head when he saved Ryou from further injures.

"Yes, yes. Not that I'm complaining." Marik said as he made a cheeky grin towards Malik who sweat dropped at him.

"Someone has a crush on you." Joey whispered in Malik's ear as Malik punch him in the stomach.

"Shut up."

I just sigh.

"I'm sorry, Yami. But I can't tell you."

"Why?"

"Because this is our problem. You and your friends weren't supposed to be part of this. For that, all of us apologized. Especially you, Bakura."

"Nah, no problem. My head is stronger then you think."

'More like crazy.' Yami thought.

"It's alright, Yugi. But I still want to know what's going on here. We might even try to help."

"When he says no, he means NO." Ryou said with a stern voice; daring Yami to try and repeat himself again.

I hold out my hand to silent him, and to back off. He got the message and started to relax. But the sternness in his eyes are still fresh.

"As he already said, Yami. We don't want you to be part of this, or ever in the future. It's too dangerous. And for Bakura's question, you three are here because we want to give you a more respected apology."

"And that would be...?"

I smile. "We'll pay anything that you want from this store. But please."

Bakura and Marik grin excitedly.

"Not too much. Three is your limit."

Their grin drop down to a frown.

"No thanks." Yami crossed his arms as he rejected my offer.

"YAMI/PHARAOH!"

Yami turn towards his friends and made a harsh glare. Both Bakura and Mailk silent themselves from further death.