Chapter 22: Escape the Inferno Flames

Announcement: Alright, so I have a lot of things that I want to say, but first. I want to apologize for not updating sooner. For the reason, I have a lot. One: I am going to Knotts Berry Farm on July 17 so I have to get ready. Two: I have homework that I must finish by the end of this month. Three: I have to get ready for a San Fransisco vacation trip that I'll be going with some of my friends (August 12 to August 14). Lastly, my parents have assigned me to do extra work during my summer break, such as tutor, writing, less computer, and reading as well. Unfortunately, what I'm saying is that....

I will be updating slower than usual.

Please try to understand that everyone's life are not that carefree easy or have a lot of free time on their hand. Of course, I enjoy all of the things that you guys have done for me for almost a year now and the many wonderful comments and support that you have given me along the way. Please continue to support me and wait patiently for the new upcoming chapters that will surely come in the future.

Thank you.

P.S: I'll be posting out names that I think deserve chapters who have talk to me when I was either busy or bored or shout out there opinion about my books.

I dedicated this chapter to @Blutkatze. 
_______________________________

'Just a little longer....Yugi!'

The wound from the bullet shot must have damaged the deltoid within his right shoulder. Yami was grateful that there's no problem in carrying him to safety, however, the only thing that has him concern is how much longer Yugi could last. Even with further inspection, he already knew that he lost too much blood. Evidence can be seen on his shirt as the blood continue to seep out and making his white shirt turn a bloody red. The smell of iron is making him feel nauseous, but he continues on without stopping what-so-ever.

"The stairs should be on our left. From there we'll be about to get to the roof."

Seto instructed. Another sudden shake erupted from the ground, which caused them to stop and hold them steady against the wall. Yugi grabs the wound tighter and hissed when a sprout of pain went straight through his arm.

"Y-Yami-"

"We're almost there. Try to keep yourself steady."

"T-The gun *gasp* G-Grab my...gun."

'His gun?'

Yami slowing kneel down, putting Yugi in a sitting position, before rummaging through his pocket gun. There he found a Silvergun and detached itself from the pouch.

"I got it."

"Good."

Yugi squeezes his eyes shut before he quickly said, "Use it to set the sprinklers off. The water will dispatch the fire until we reach the roof."

"Alright."

Making sure that the bullets are in place, Yami aim the trigger above the ceiling where the fire sprinklers are.

"Just make sure it does hit our head, kid!"

"Shut up!"

With that, Yami pulled the trigger.

*BANG!*

The fire sprinklers had indicated some gunpowder in the air which cause the sprinklers to go off. In less than 10 seconds, the entire hallway is now pouring rain. Drenching both Yami and Yugi, as well as the others.

"Come on!"

"Hurry!"

All of them quickly stand up and carry on to safety. There they made sure to turn left and found another door that will take them to the roof; right below the stage intervention that was hosted primarily for announcements or parties.