Chapter 7 | Red Seeds

[YOUR PV]

"Red seeds, I found the red seeds." the man kept repeating.

What does he mean? Red seeds? He found them? Gareki grabbed my hand and pulled me back to my feet as I stood there staring at the man in the alley.

"What is that? He isn't human is he? What do we do Gareki?" I looked at him with a worried look. I'd never seen a person look or act this weird before, sure where I lived there were creeps around every corner but this one... he wasn't like them.

"He's a Varuga, probably after Nai again." Yogi spoke while stepping in front of Nai with his goofy costume.

[flailing arms everywhere] "TCHING! BAZZING! BEHOLD THE MANLINESS! THE EPICNESS! YOU'VE RUBBED THIS KITTY THE WRONG WAY! [tightens bow]" Yogi, in his Nyanperona outfit then jumped into the air and disappeared in a beam of light, only to come up from the back of the man and attack him.

"Gareki, [your name], get Nai out of here and to the airship." He ordered while dodging and attacking the man, who they called a Varuga.

Gareki and I each grabbed one of Nai's arms and began running through the crowd of running people. People were panicking, running, screaming, trying to get away from the fight. I lost grip of Nai's arm and fell into the sea of people. It was so chaotic people were running over each other to get away and I was slowly being pushed further and further away from Gareki and closer to the Varuga.

[GAREKI'S PV]

"Gareki, [your name], get Nai out of here and to the airship." Yogi ordered us while dodging and attacking the Varuga. [your name] and I swiftly grabbed Nai's arms and began running to the Circus airship. A man ran through [your name] and knocked her further back into the crowd. I tried turning back to get her but I kept getting pushed closer to the airship.

"[YOUR NAME]! Nai began yelling as I dragged him through the crowd of frightened people.

"There's no time Nai, you need to get to the ship! Yogi told us to." I kept dragging Nai further away from the Varuga until I caught a glimpse of [your name]. The Varuga had gotten closer to her. Grabbing her by her [colour] hair he forcing [your name] to stand up. She was saying something to the Varuga, but I couldn't make out what she was saying. She looked in pain while talking. She slowly moved her hands, holding the Varga's hand tightly to her head.

[YOUR PV]

The Varuga grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up to make me stand. "Didn't-anyone-tell-you-it-hurts-to-pull-a-girl's-hair?" I said slowly while clenching my teeth. I slowly brought my hands up to meet his and held it down closely to my head. "Just one swift movement [your name], one swift movement, don't hesitate." I whispered repeatedly to myself. Keeping a firm grip on the Varuga's hand I swiftly yanked myself anticlockwise. A loud snap sound came through my right ear and then a scream of intense pain. Yogi quickly pulled me away from the Varuga.

[VARUGA'S PV]

Red seeds? No red seeds...

She yanked my arm an unnatural way and I heard a loud snap.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I let out a scream of pain and began to retreat. A blonde haired man pulled the girl away from me. Masters gonna kill me for good! I need red seeds! Maybe master will let me off the hook?

[GAREKI'S PV]

[your name] forcefully span anticlockwise, freeing the Varuga's hand from her hair. A loud snap sounded through the street as if the arm of the monster had been snapped in two. It screamed hysterically and backed away from [your name] while Yogi pulled her away from the Varuga.

"What happened Gareki? Is [your name] ok?" Nai began asking me all sorts of questions.

"She's fine, Yogi and the others are with her." I grabbed Nai's hand and continued to run towards the airship.

[YOUR PV]

The Varuga began to retreat and soon he had disappeared in the shadows of the alley.

"What the hell was that Yogi? No one told me about these. What are they?"

"We'll explain when we get back to the airship." Yogi said in reply.

The parade was cancelled and we all returned to the airship.