Chapter 24 | Dream

*Ah! New chapter for yous~ I finished my maths early so I got to update. MAN ME SO EXCITED TO WRITE NEXT CHAPTER! I love reading your comments! They always make me laugh~ Thank you for reading and commenting! Enjoy this chapter~*

[YOUR PV]

Gareki was standing still, gun in hand, pointing at the Varuga.

"What are you-!' I looked at him and suddenly remembered what he had told me before.

"She..." I silently said and then grabbed the gun, pressing his finger on the trigger.

-BANG- The loud sound echoed throughout the building and I stood, frozen.

Sweat beads rolled down my temples as I stared at the Varuga's lifeless body. It looked exactly how Gareki had explained his childhood friend. Jet black hair, pale skin. I could feel myself shaking. The blood flashed through my eyes continuously like if I was watching it on replay.

"AH!" I sat up and gasped for air.

My hands were shaking as I placed my head in them. I was in the room I shared with Gareki and Nai. When did I get here? A hand suddenly grabbed me and I jumped, hitting their hand away.

"[Your name]? What's wrong?" it was Gareki.

I let out a sigh of relief and the Varuga's bloodied body flashed in my mind.

"G-Gareki... I... I..." tears began streaming down my face as I covered my eyes.

I began to shake uncontrollably and my breathing became heavier.

"Calm down." Gareki wrapped his arms around my quivering body and pulled me closer to his chest.

"Thank you." he tightened his grip on me as he let out those two words.

We were suddenly interrupted by the sound of a door opening.

"Oh it's fairy floss head." he loosened his grip slightly on me.

"Your cat ears... how do I put this? Um... they're... well... ehehe- they're part of you." Dr. Akari was staring down at his clipboard as he observed his information.

[DR AKARI PV]

"Your cat ears... how do I put this? Um... they're... well... ehehe- they're part of you." I was observing the tests I had done on her and compared them to the first time I saw her.

These ears were part of her. They had probably come up due to something she ate or drank. I observed the information closer and noticed something.

"Coffee..." I giggled. Of course. The coffee made them come up! If they had never showed before a few days ago they would have needed a boost.

"They're your powers." I looked at her.

"Powers?" I saw her quickly rub her eyes as she said that.

"They needed a boost. You drank coffee, which had a lot of caffeine in it. That's why you were loopy. Well that's how Gareki and Yogi explained it." I rubbed the back of my head.

"Will they go away?" Gareki looked irritated.

"Yeah... if she knows how to control them. Why?"

"Nevermind." Gareki sat down beside her.

"Well, that's all. I'm off!" I spun on my heels and walked out of the room.

[GAREKI'S PV]

Dr Akari walked out of the room.

"Dammit." I muttered.

"What's dammit?" she looked at me with innocent eyes.

They were much bigger than before and a bit of the light in them had left. They always shined but at the moment they looked dull and dead. I laughed at myself.

"Your eyes, did you know they're beautiful." I smiled at her.

Shoot now I needa follow that up with something bad...

"But right now they look dull and dead."

Dammit Gareki you just dug your own grave!

"Gareki? Are you ok?" she was leaning closer to me now.

"Oy, I have a... s-soft spot... for cats..." What am I doing? Yogi told me to show her... but I'm just speaking my thoughts... this isn't gonna work.

"What are you thinking?" I turned my head to look at her and as I did our eyes met.

"Y-you're... really close... " I stammered.

"What are you thinking Gareki?" she pushed on for an answer and I hesitated for a moment.

"Um... I was just thinking..."

Shoot what am I gonna say now? I'm dead for sure now! Bloody hell Gareki you stuffed this up real bad! Find something to say! Yogi told me to show her or say... Show her? I thought about it and suddenly a wrong thought came up and I turned beet red. DEFINITELY NOT SHOWING HER.