Chapter 10 | Past

*I was wondering what you guys would like to see happen in this story~ Or more of other characters or stuff like that. More Varuga fights, specific scene with you and Gareki? Anything you wanna see happen in this story just put it in the comments and I'll see if any fit for this story! :) *

[YOUR PV]

I could feel my face beginning to burn. Can he feel the heat coming from my face? I should probably apologies for earlier...

"First I wanna say sorry... for earlier." I said, afraid he'd get angry at me.

"I deserve it..." Those were the first words that came out of his mouth.

[GAREKI'S PV]

"First I wanna say sorry... for earlier." [your name] said in a voice that seemed afraid.

I wanted to get angry at her for earlier but I had no right to... after what I did.

"I deserve it..." I told her with the memory of that day coming back. I looked away in shame.

"What do you mean you deserve it?" She looked at me.

I decided it was time to tell her... how I knew her and what she meant to me.

"Around 5 years ago it happened... you were on the same boat that sunk... well, you weren't just on the same one." I showed a slight smile on my face as I remembered the first day I had met her.

"We were on the boat and the other kids would always pick on us... sometimes tie us up and take our servings at meal times. You were the only person who was nice to me in that wretched place. So I told myself that I'd always protect you, and that if anything happened to you I'd never forgive myself. The other kids on the boat began changing. They would have creepy grins on their faces and when meal times came they devoured it all in one gulp. We were the only ones who stayed the same, as they changed into monsters. I told you I'd never leave you alone until we got off that place, but one day the ship was attacked and it began to sink. I still remember... I looked everywhere for you but I couldn't find you. Most or all of the other kids drowned so I thought you too... and then I ended up on an island." I looked away again.

[YOUR PV]

Gareki explained everything to me... so this was what he was talking about before... "You don't remember... do you?" those were the words he had said to me. Now I finally got it. I finally knew what he meant. Tears began blurring my vision. I tried holding them back but they just streamed down my cheeks even more. I closed my eyes and began clenching his shirt. I could feel him holding me tighter.

"I'm sorry." he said.

I burst into tears even more than before.

"You...still remember... me? I thought... you'd forgotten... about me!" I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. All those years I thought he'd died back there with all the others. But... he was alive the whole time.

"I looked everywhere for you" his voice was shaky. "A-and now..." Tears were rolling down his face. It was the first time I'd ever seen him like this. He was always holding everything in.

I don't know how long we laid there for, crying, but it felt like forever.