Chapter 21 | Frozen

[GAREKI'S PV]

[your name] and I both closed our eyes as the object fell.

"What the-" I began choking on the dusty air and could hear [your name] doing the same.

"Oy are you-" I tried speaking but the air was getting thicker and harder to breathe in.

The waitress from earlier had caved the roof in on us, causing us to lose sight of them.

"Dammit!" I clicked my tongue and I rummaged the floor for [your name's] hand.

I could heard heavy breathing a few feet away and I walked towards it. Rubble was everywhere and it was hard to see.

"Where are you?" I felt the air around me and my hand grabbed someone's shoulder.

[YOUR PV]

It was hard to breathe and I couldn't see anything around me. I stepped to the side and suddenly fell over a part of the roof that had caved in on us. I could feel the air in my lungs slowly disappearing with every breath. A sudden pressure came to my shoulder, which caught me by surprise.

"Is that you?" Gareki's voice came from above me and I replied to him.

He pulled me up and began to carefully walk through the mess of roof.

"[your name], Gareki! Are you guys ok? Where are you?" we could hear Yogi calling out to us from the other side.

"Yeah, we're fine." Gareki yelled back.

The dust began to settle and we began walking faster and faster.

"Where'd they go?" I looked around to see where the waitress and doctor had gone but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Forget about them, look at your knee." Gareki dragged me around the broken, dangling bits of roof.

I looked down at my knee to see a large amount of blood. It didn't hurt, but there was a lot of blood. I had tuned out for just a few seconds when something grabbed my leg from behind and I went falling forward.

"Eh-" I landed on my knee and swung around, wincing at the impact of my knee to the floor.

Sure enough, the waitress was back. This time she had come from the ground. Her hair grew to different lengths as it tried to surround me. I stared at her and then it hit me.

"VARUGA!" I got up when its grip had loosened and I moved away from it.

"OY-!" Gareki grabbed my arm and once again aimed his gun.

He was about to fire but just stood there, and stared. He looked like he was trying to shoot, but he couldn't.

"What are you-!' I looked at him and suddenly remembered what he had told me before.

"She..." I silently said and then grabbed the gun, pressing his finger on the trigger.

-BANG- The loud sound echoed throughout the building and I stood, frozen.

"I got it..." I turned to Gareki and shook his shoulders violently.

"SNAP OUT OF IT!" he wasn't budging so I grabbed his arm and started dragging him out before the doctor could come back.

"Yogi!" I could see him making his way through the room and he looked worried.

I wasn't sure whether it was the fact that Gareki hadn't responded for a while or the fact that I was literally bleeding like a watermelon being sliced open. Whatever it was, I had never seen him like that.