Chapter 9 | So Close

[YOUR PV]

I slowly walked to Gareki's room, feeling bad about what happened earlier, and knocked on the closed door.

"I'm coming in", I opened the door and found him lying in his bed with a big fat red hand-print on the side of his cheek. He was still out so I grabbed a chair and sat beside him. I gazed at him for a while, studying his face. "He looks adorable like this... Innocent." I giggled to myself. "His hair looks so soft... maybe if I just..." I began leaning towards him with an outstretched arm. I didn't realise until I was millimeters away from touching his hair that he had opened his eyes.

[GAREKI'S PV]

I slowly opened my eyes to see an hand slowly coming towards my head. My vision was still blurry but that didn't stop me from recognizing the person. It doesn't seem like she knows I'm awake...

"[your name]?" I caught her off guard and she jumped back like a cat. She began falling back and I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her back towards me.

[YOUR PV]

I didn't realise he was awake.

"[your name]?" he startled me when he said that and I jumped back, falling off the chair. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards me. He must've pulled me with quite some force because I ended up falling towards him more than expected. He wrapped his hands around me and placed one hand on the back of my head, pulling me towards his chest. I fell on my knees and was at the same height as him now.

"[whispering] Can I tell you something?" he whispered to me and pulled me closer to his chest as he lay back down.