Love and Protection

Arriving at the nightmarish scene she scanned the area, she knew that if Jay was dead she wouldn't be able to sense him... But wait... She could... running to the area she had sensed him her heart stopped at the sight before her... He was fine, pissed off...but fine.... she moved closer slowly half expecting him to be angry with her for well almost getting him killed, but on her approach his demeanour changed, he spun around and pulled her close to him in an embrace like nothing they'd shared before, she felt the relief wash over her and she knew he sensed it too, looking up she broke the silence; "I I'm so sorry, you got hurt because of me, he almost killed you, I I'm so sorry" she buried her head in his chest as the sobs came out of her,pulling her closer her stroked her hair, "shh, Dru it wasn't your fault, and thanks to Vetis I'm completely healed, see not a mark on me, which is more than what I can't say for Succorbenoth over there" chuckling he pointed out a pile of blacked ash blowing along the pavement "it's over now, not he or anyone else is going to harm you, not while I'm around, besides I made a promise to your father that I'd not only love you but protect you too, and that's what I'm going to do now how about we go home Huh, I mean it's not like we have a worried Kate and slightly annoyed Jazz/Verin to calm down and explain too" kissing her head softly he led the way home to face the family.