Chapter 57 - The End But New Beginning

The first half was almost over and neither one of us scored I came close to 2 goals but the goalie got it. I never seen the crowd more pumped than ever.

The first half ended with the score 0-0 I was angry frustrated and tired. The coach gave us the usual talk during half I paid attention to every word he said and I just focused on what I should do.

Second half started and Krissy and I were on fire taking every ball away from the players and giving shots after shots.

We wanted to make the goalie tired.

I made a plan with Krissy were she fakes a shot off the pole and I head it in by the angle she kicks it at. We just needed to have enough time for me to do it but there wasn’t enough space nor time.

It was almost the end of the second half and the ball was on our side Amber passed it to Emma who passed it to Krissy I sprinted up the field with her Krissy was doing amazing I never seen this side of her before.

 But then the second half ended and it was over time. Golden rule: first to score wins.

Krissy sprinted with the ball down the field and passed it to Gloria who made it up the field I looked around and seen I was open right in the center.

Krissy was making her way pass the midfielder who gave her a hard time, she finally got free.

She kicked the ball and it hit the corner of the post the goalie dived and I jumped higher than most and head the ball.

Everything felt slow motion like in the movies. It went past the defenders and the goalies hand and it slipped into the back of the net. Then reality hit me and I looked at the score board 1-0.

I felt like everyone was on mute and all you can see is their excitement in their faces I ran to the center with my arms flinging at the side of me, I seen my team run into the field and hug me, even the coach hugged me. Did I really just score the winning goal for state?

Then the sound filled in my ears and everyone was around me screaming, I got of the group circle to do a run pass the crowd as the cheered I kissed my thumbs and pointed into the air “dad for you dad always and forever!”

We shook hands with the other team and I just didn’t know how to describe my excitement or how I felt with everything. I just couldn’t smiling it was all so thrilling my heart couldn’t stop beating against my chest. The crowd was on the field cheering with my team, the ref walked over to me and handed me the trophy.

I was on one of the football players shoulders with the trophy in the air, then I see black all around me and I couldn’t hear anything anymore. Everything was just black and I found myself sleeping.

I woke up in a hospital bed, “not again!” was everything a dream? The game me and the goal? It was a dream…

How long was I in the hospital for? I find myself in the hospital to many times.

I look over and see my mom sleeping, I left fine I grabbed a cane that was for some reason in the room and poked her with it.

She jerked away and smiled at me, “mom what am I doing here? Where is everyone? Did we win the game? Mom why am I here!” I started to panic because it all seemed so real to me.

Before she can say anything, screaming filled the room with Krissy and the rest of the team.

“SHES AWAKE!” one of the girls yelled “yes I’m awake why am I here again?”

“Funny story you fell down and hit your head and knocked out” Krissy said as she laughed my mom joined her I don’t see how this is funny the game was just a dream.