Chapter 9 - Surprise

It's been 3 weeks since my car accident, my cast on my arm downgraded to just a wrist cast that still held my thumb. I decided to have a white cast with dinosaurs on it because it was cute.

My boot was still on because ankle was really bad. That was the worst part I had this dumb boot on.

I stopped using my wheel chair and started walking with just my legs.

I missed school for a week.

Mostly because my mom wouldn't let me go because it was safer.

It was my first day back at school, I didn't even want to do anything with my hair or outfit.

I had black leggings on that stopped at the mid of my calves, I put on my pink Nike 3.0 shoe I could only wear one cause of my right foot.

I wore a pink soccer t shirt that stopped at my waist.

I got a haircut the other day, my hair was still long but it stopped to the small of my back.

I put on a thick white hand band so my hair was pushed out of my face.

I tied my hair into a low sloppy pony tail.

I grabbed my back pack, but not my soccer bag mostly because I'm out for another month.

Joy.

I limp downstairs, to find Krissy's black range rover in my driveway.

What was she doing here?

I opened the door, to find her leaning against her car texting.

"Kristine?" I said as I made my way down my front step.

"Oh hey girl, your mom called me told me to pick you up." She said walking over to me.

She wore cut off shorts that had studs on the front pocket, she had a white v neck that had an small American flag design on the left small breast pocket. She had white keds on, and her hair was down with her over grown bangs behind her ear.

"Oh, okay. Let's go, then." I said walking to the passenger seat of her car.

She got in the driver's seat, taking my bag and putting it in the back. "Nice cast."

She said pointing at my wrist. "Ha thanks." I smiled.

"Okay, so I'm going to buy us Starbucks on the way." She said turning around to pull out of my drive way.

I just nodded, turning on the radio to Skinny Love by Birdy starting to play. She is amazing.

"So how was training?" I asked looking at my phone.

"Oh, it's okay going by slow because our captain wasn't there for about 6 of them." She joked, "Coach Tuck has been asking for you. He's excited to see you after school he wants to see how you're doing."

Krissy spoke focusing on the road, I could tell she's been driving carefully because I was in the car.

"Yeah I'm excited to see everyone too." I said as we pulled into the drive through of Starbucks, she ordered an Oreo Frappuccino while she got a strawberry one.

I was obsessed with Oreos they were so good I was order Oreo type desert when me and my friends go out to eat.

"Thanks Krissy, you didn't have to do that." I said taking my drink and putting my straw into it taking a sip.

"Hey don't mention it. You always buy me Starbucks when we want some. Just think of this paying you back." She smiled drinking her strawberry frap.

We drove into the schools senior parking lot seeing, Ambers and Emma's car in their usual spot.

Krissy parked right next to Ambers blue mustang that car was amazing. She had two cars, one for the summer which was the mustang; the other was a black Honda Civic for the winter.

Emma had two cars as well; she had a red Honda Crv because of the snow on the ground. She sure loved red cars.

Krissy stopped the car, as I got out of her car grabbing my drink with my left hand and opening up the back door to get my back pack out.

I seen a red Toyota pull into the parking lot followed by a gray car, then black, then a Camaro.

I walked over to Amber who pulled me into a bear hug; she stopped by a few times but not a lot. She hasn't seen me these last few days because she was busy with school and soccer.

It was nice to see her again, she was wearing a black soccer sweats that fitted her perfectly, she had on a white soccer shirt that matched her sweats, and she wore black flip flops with her hair up in a messy bun with small waves falling down and black framed Ray Band glasses on.

She looked very cozy. Once school started you could tell that we didn't care how we dressed.

"Hey PJ, you look cute today. I like your cast it's very cute" She laughed. Before I could speak Emma came around the back of the mustang pulling me into a hug.

Emma wore small Nike black shorts that were finger length with Nike crew socks, and Nike sandals to match her attire, she had on our schools red hoodie with a jaguar in the middle that said 'JAGUAR SOCCER' in black and red bolded letters with her number 7 in the back and her last name and her hair straightened.

"Hey Emma, how've you been?" I asked hugging her back.

"Great now, I'm glad to see you again, seems like it's been forever."

"Em, it's been four days since the last time you seen me" I spoke sarcastically.

"Well duh, I'm just saying sure does feel like it's been forever." Emma smiled as we laughed at her comment.

I felt my iPhone buzzing on the side of my bag, I unzipped the side of my back without taking it off, and I slide it open to find a message from Anthony.

With a baseball emoji by his name and a heart by his name, I bet he put that there. I just rolled my eyes and read the message.

Anthony: hey I see ur back! Come to my car I have a surprise for u.

Me: okay, I'll be there in a few. See you.