Chapter 31 - No Trust

I wiggled myself out of Blake’s arm as everyone chatted to walk into the cabin before anyone can get a suspicion. I completely left Zack as he barely got up to walk over to me. I walked into the girl’s room to put my phone on charge even though it didn’t need to be charged I just needed to get away from everyone.

I put my guitar back into its bag and leaned it against the wall where all my presents were. I faced my wall as my back was to my door. I let my face fall into my hands as I heard a knocking on the door.

My heart skipped a beat, I was so scared to even turn around I don’t want to face any problems right now.

I heard footsteps walking towards me as my heart started to beat faster as the footsteps got closer and louder.

I felt some force on my bed as I turned around to see Zack.

And boy was he pissed.

I’m in trouble.

“PJ” Zack said as he sat down on the edge of the bed facing the window he didn’t even look at me.

“Yeah?” I sounded like a scared little girl I didn’t care I was a scared little girl.

“What else happened when you were in town?” he said as he leaned on his elbows that were on his knees his hands were dropped down between his legs as his beanie covered the back of his head. I could see his jaw line and he was clenching it tight, I’m freaking out right now.

“Nothing happened, I was on the bridge playing when Blake came up to me and said I was good. He started talking to me; I was sitting there minding my own business not doing anything. He asked if we can play a song together because he went to the bridge before. Then we walked back into town and talked about school, I didn’t give him my whole life story” I said as I faced him but his back was still to me.

“Is that all?” he said as he gritted his teeth together.

Is that all? Is he being serious right now? What the hell is his issue thinking I was going to cheat on him or something? He’s unbelievable.

“Are you kidding me?” I practically shouted at him now I was pissed.

“I need to know if you two did anything else” He said as he got up to walk to the window. Looking out at everyone laughing and joking around not suspecting a thing at what was going on in the cabin.

“You know what Zack the first thing in a relationship is trust. You should trust me enough to know I will never cheat on you. That’s bullshit how you think I had the nerve to cheat on you with some random I met on the damn bridge! I don’t know what the hell your problem is but you need to learn that I will never cheat on you, Blake is a friend and you can even as Krissy and Emma about everything I told them. You don’t trust me?  And to think I trusted you with my fucking life! You have some nerve, just because he put his arm around me doesn’t mean I like him. You just don’t even know anything! You just assume shit that isn’t even there! ” I shouted at him I was pissed off I didn’t even want to look at him right now.

“I NEVER SAID I DIDN’T TRUST YOU PEYTON I DON’T TRUST HIM! HE’S A STRANGER AND I DON’T GIVE A SHIT IF HE’S FRIENDS WITH JOE I DON’T KNOW HIM AND WHO HE IS! HE PUT HIS ARM AROUND MY GIRLFRIEND! ANY OTHER GUY WOULD SUSPECT SOMETHING BECAUSE YOU TWO SEEMED OFFLY FRIENDLY TO ME!” he shouted louder than I did I was mad frustrated and annoyed.

I didn’t want to even look at him he didn’t trust me I grabbed my guitar, my camera bag and my phone that was fully charged some extra things I would need just in case I got cold.

I grabbed my necklace that he got me and ripped it off my neck knowing it’s going to sting later and I threw it at him.

“Here I don’t want anything from you” I spat at him as I ran out the door Zack called after me as I heard him running towards me but I was faster much faster. I had the keys to Zack’s car and threw my stuff in the back of the car I felt something drop out of my pocket but ignored it.

I started the car and sped on to the road. I seen in my rear view mirror everyone panicking as Joe grabbed his phone to call me but then Emma ran to wear Zack’s car was parked and picked up my phone. Shit!

I dropped my phone everyone started to panic and run into the house. I drove away faster I needed to get away from here I can’t deal with everyone right now. All of a sudden I see 3 Toyotas in my mirror far away from me.

I stopped at a red light taking a sharp turn to left before the trucks noticed anything I need to go home I don’t want to be here anymore.

I went on a dirt road pulling over into the side before a phone number started calling the truck I answered

“PJ! ARE YOU OKAY WHERE ARE YOU!” it was Joe freaking out I didn’t want him to talk to me either I just need to be left alone. All of a sudden it started raining and where I was at there was no service so the call started to get fuzzy.

“I’M GETTING AWAY FROM HERE!!” “NO COME BACK!” that wasn’t Joe’s voice it was Anthony’s.

“I NEED TO GET AWAY FORM HERE I JUST NEED TO GET AWAY”

“NO! PEYTON I’M SORRY PLEASE!” then it wasn’t Anthony’s voice anymore it was Zacks.

I found myself hitting the end button and plugging in my address to go home.

I drove on to the pavement making my way on to the high way. I just needed space I needed to breathe I felt everyone smothering me annoying me. I couldn’t deal with that I missed my dad, he would know what to do when I am in this state. All of a sudden I started crying, everything hit me like I ran into a brick wall. I couldn’t take it anymore I was so frustrated it was just so hard to deal with everything because I get stressed out so easily.

I pulled on to the side of the highway and shut off the car. I moved to the back of the car and cried my eyes out I heard the pouring rain and thunder fall on to the hood of the car.

I was cold and alone, “why do you push away anyone who ever cares about you?”

“I don’t know…”

“PJ, it seems nice at first to be alone but it’s also lonely.”

“I know Joe I just miss my dad…”

“I know Peyton, I know… it’s okay don’t cry… shh I’m here”

I started to feel faint and dizzy all of a sudden everything around me started spinning and my eyes slowly shut.

“Hey she’s in the back!”

“Hurry get her out it’s starting to pour harder!”

“PJ! Hey PJ! Pj…? Peyton, hey Peyton wake up…”

“JOE SHE ISNT MOVING…”

“OH MY GOD CALL 911! CALL 911! SOMEONE CALL FUCKING 9…”