▪twenty four▪

Now that Bruce knows about BlackBird, I can now have some proper training. Bruce and Dick have different ways of training; Dick is more layed back and easy and Bruce is stern and complicated. I didn't mind about Bruce's training, it's better than nothing.

My alarm went off. My eyes slowly opened and I got up. I got dressed for school and slugged to the kitchen. I saw Alfred leaning up against the counter, looking down at the morning crossword,

"Good morning, Alfred." I said tying my tie.

"Good morning, sir." Alfred smiled and put down the crossword.

"Where's Bruce?" I questioned, opening up the fridge.

"Down in the cave, do you want me to make you something?"

"I don't I have anytime to eat, but thanks anyway." I said and grabbed the carton of milk.

I grabbed a cup then poured me a cup of milk,

"What is Bruce doing in the cave?" I asked taking a sip.

"I am unsure, he said he is working on something for you."

I nodded and let a small smile escape. I finished my glass of milk then went to the bathroom and continued to get ready

I stood in front of the mirror then turned on the water for the sink. I bent down to get closer to the sink then splashed some cold water on my face to help me wake up. I grabbed a towel to dry my face then I looked back up at the mirror.

I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair then walked back out to the kitchen to find Bruce eating and apple while looking down at a bunch of papers. He looked up at me then threw the apple in the trash,

"You ready for school?" He asked

"Yeah, just need to grab a few more things then I will be ready."

"Okay I'll wait in the car for you then." He stated then walked off to the front door.

I grabbed my book bag and my school uniform over coat then walked out the door then over to Bruce's car. I got into the black sports car that he was driving when he picked me up from the hospital all those nights before. The engine turned over and he drove me to school in complete silence.

He dropped me off at the front gates and I got out and went to go find my friends. I looked around the giant, noisy courtyard until i saw them standing off to the corner. I saw a slightly large crowd stood around them and I started to quickly walking over to them.

When I got there, Rain was the one speaking to the crowd. I walked over the Hervey and tapped him on the shoulder,

"What's going on here?" I asked, watching Rain talk to the amused crowd.

"Oh, she's talking about some new hero that saved her life."

I felt my muscles tense up and I had a questioned look on my face,

"How did she get such a big crowd?"

"Well she was just telling us then someone heard her then a random crowd came to hear her story." Hervey said with a shrug.

I nodded then started to pay attention to Rain's story. I'm guessing she had to retell it a few times by the annoyed tone that she had in her voice, either that or she didn't want to tell every body what happened but they made her do it,

"Was he hot?" I heard a familiar voice say, but I couldn't really tell who it was.

"I don't know, he was wearing a mask that basically covered his whole face, but he had some really beautiful green eyes," She said and looked over to me and waved, "Oh hey Warner." She said quietly to me.

"All right time to skedaddle," Kyle said and pushed back the crowd, "get to your class and leave the girl alone." He said and the small crowd broke up and started going separate ways.

"Hey Rain." I said and she hugged me. I hugged her back, and it probably surprised the three of my friends, it would have surprised me because it was the first time i've ever hugged her back.

"Meet me after school?" She asked me quietly and pulled away from the hug.

I nodded and the first bell rang. The three of my friends and I said goodbye and I headed to my first class for the day.