▪twenty five▪

School was practically normal, I didn't get into any fights and I didn't really do anything except daydream all day. Rain wanted to meet me after school and I was a little nervous about it, I don't know why; i just was.

The final bell for the day seemed to snap me out of my current daydreaming. I gathered up my textbooks and slipped out of the class before the teacher could yell at me for not paying attention the whole class.

I quickly made my way through the crowd while I shoved all my books into my bag. Some kid decided to bend down and tie their shoe lace right in the middle of my path and picked up my speed them jumped over him. I heard surprised 'whoas' from fellow students but I just kept running normally.

I saw Navea looking in her locker and loading up books, she turned her head to me then flashed a large smile. I let out a small groan and rolled my eyes. I started to pick up my pace and planned to just sprint by her. All she probably wanted to do was have an unnecessary flirty conversation with me likes she's been trying to do all day,

"Hey Warn-" she said but stopped when I sped by her

"Sorry gotta run." I shouted as I ran past her

I rounded the corner then stopped when I got to Rain's locker. It took a few seconds to catch my breath,

"Whoa, hey there, speedy." Rain said with a laugh.

"Hey, what did you want to talk about, we seem to be arranging 'talks' more often than usual people probably do." I said the last part with a small laugh.

She had on the normal uniform for the girls, a navy blue plaid skirt and a white button up shirt. Her hair looked more frizzy than curly today, probably because of the weather,

"Do you want to hang out later?" She asked, closing her locker.

"Like on a date?" Was the first thing that popped out of my mouth. Before I even ended the sentence, I regretted doing it.

Her cheeks flushed a pinkish color and she slightly nodded,

"Yeah I, uhm, guess."

"Nice, I'm kinda busy tonight so is tomorrow after school good for you?" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah, that would be great." She nodded then kissed me on the cheek, "I'll talk to you later." She said then walked away and headed towards the main gate.

I smiled then started to walk to the gate myself. I looked down at my phone and saw a text message from Bruce telling me that he was on his way. I loosened my tie then sat down on the curd and waited for Bruce to get here.