Chapter 22

Percy's POV.

I walked out of the hospital with my mom wondering if Annabeth was going to ever show up. I wanted to hear the news about the show and if she had gotten the record deal. I would be happy, but sad at the same time. She would be getting famous while I would be just a bystander.

"Are you feeling okay? Does anything hurt?" She asked. I gave her a small smile and shrugged my shoulders.

"Nothing really, I just have a small headache, but I'll manage." I answered. She nodded. We walked into the car in a comfortable silence. "Hey mom? " I said.

"Yeah, honey." She replied.

"Well do you think something is wrong with Annabeth? I mean she didn't even come to visit me, and I know that the talent show is over. Do you think she's upset about something?" I asked. She started up the car and buckled her seat belt.

"Well I honestly don't know. I haven't actually met her yet. Do you want to head over to her house or something?" She answered. I nodded.

"Yeah, that would be great." I told her. I told her the directions to Annabeth's house, and she drove off. I played with my fingers, fidgeting. I don't know what is going on, but something doesn't seem right.

My mom stopped at the front of Annabeth's house and I kissed her goodbye.

"Behave!" My mom yelled at me while I knocked on Annabeth's door.A middle aged women opened the door. She had long curly brown hair and gray eyes just like Annabeth's. I cleared my throat and began to explain why I was there.

"Um Hi, I'm here to see Annabeth. Is she here?" I told her.

"And you are?" She asked.

"I'm Percy Jackson. Her boyfriend." I murmured the last part. The woman intimidated me.

"Oh! Her boyfriend you say? She's in her room. Head up the stairs. It's the last door to the left." The woman told me.

"Thank you! Are you her mom?" I asked her. The woman nodded.

"Yes, yes I am." She said. I nodded and followed the directions she told me. I knocked on Annabeth's door three times before she opened up. Her eyes were bloodshot red. Her hair was all messed up and she was wearing a dress that was all wrinkled and her straps were barely on.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. Suddenly I was angry.

"Um excuse me, but you owe me an explanation. You didn't even visit me in the hospital. A good girlfriend would have came!" I shouted.

"Keep your voice down, Percy. And I had a talent show to attend to. I had been preparing all month and you wanted to give that away just because you had a few injuries?! Look I'm sorry that I didn't come, but that was no excuse for you to call me a bad girlfriend." She replied. I crossed my arms.

"See?! That show is getting to your head. And let me guess. You got the record deal, and now you think that you are ahead in me at everything." I said. I noticed that every time we would argue, we would get closer to each other. She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"You know darn well that I don't think lowly of you at all. You need to understand that. And I didn't even go through with my act. If you want to know what happened go check on YouTube. It was a disaster." She said and then started to cry. She hurried her face into her hands. I gently rubbed her back while she let her tears flow down her face.

"What happened?" I asked while she calmed down a bit. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. I guess I was really nervous and when the song started to play I couldn't get a sound out. Then I threw up." Mshe explained.

"I'm sorry." I told her.

"It wasn't your fault, Percy. This stuff happens all the time. I'm just really upset because someone took a video of me and uploaded the video on YouTube." She said.

I leaned over and gently kissed her on the neck. She wrapped her hands around my neck. We leaned onto her bed and I unzipped her dress.

"You wanna do this?" I asked. She nodded.

"I born ready." She said.

Two hours later

Annabeth's POV.

We were breathing heavily and our bare bodies were pressed against each other. Our legs were tangled under the sheets. I stroked Percy's hair gently while he snaked his arm around my waist.

"Annabeth?" Percy asked.

"Yeah?" I responded.

" I like having you here with me." He said. I smiled and kissed his cheek. I closed my eyes and before I drifted off to sleep I could hear Percy saying my name softly.