Realization and Escape

The sun made its way through the cell bars, lighting Flynn's face. He stared off into the distance, with his hands in chains. He was so worried about Rapunzel, whether the brothers did something to her, or if Jack couldn't get there fast enough. All he could do is hope.

"There's got to be some way out of this!"

Flynn turned to see he cell mates. Hiccup sat on the bed with his hands handcuffed in chains, looking at Merida trying to make a wall fall down. Her whole upper body was locked together, with chains and locks holding her arms in place. She kept trying to slam any weak wall, but it only builds her frustration.

"Will you give it a rest," Hiccup said to her. "You're hurting yourself more than the wall."

"I can't help it!" Merida said frustrated. "I get so anxious with my bow gone."

Hiccup could relate. When the guards took Merida's bow and arrows, they took his ring too. It made him worry about Toothless, and what would happen to him.

"By the way, why do I have more chains then you two?" Merida asks out loud.

"They think you're a witch, remember?" Hiccup pointed out.

"Great," Merida moaned with anger. "If I was a witch, I would blast myself out of this place."

"I hear you," Hiccup said leaning back into the bed. "We need to find a way out of this, but we can't do it banging our heads everywhere. We need a plan."

"I just hope your friend will find Rapunzel," Flynn said still looking through the window, "I just hope she's alright."

Merida and Hiccup look at Flynn. They are happy that he can see Jack, but it doesn't make them feel better to think something bad is happening. They are in jail, Rapunzel is out there and Pitch is on the loose. It was hard to think positive.

"I'm sure she is," Merida said trying to comfort him. "She's tougher then she appears."

Suddenly, the door to the cell opened, and the head guard came in with a smirk. "Let's get this over with, you three."

The three of them look at the guard confused. "What do you mean?" Merida asks.

The guard smiles at them, making them nervous.

"Oh no," Flynn said scared and mad. He puts his hand closer to his shirt collar, symbolizing what the guard's plan is.

The three of them have been condemned to death.

"You can't do that to them," Flynn yells at the guard while gesturing to Merida and Hiccup. "They're just children."

"She's a witch!" The guard yells, locking Flynn's arms behind his back. "She'll be hung like one."

"Excuse me, I'm not a witch!" Merida yells at him. She ties to defend herself, but a number of guards crowded her and held her tight.

"No!" Hiccup yelled as he is being grabbed by another guard.

"No! Please stop!" Flynn yells as the head guard drags him out of the cell.

"You two will take the witch and her associate down to the back gallows," the head guard told two men. "The rest of you will accompany me and Rider to the main gallows."

The men nod as they take Merida and Hiccup in the opposite direction of Flynn. As Flynn yells to let the kids go, he spot two people in a nearby cell. He knew those brothers too well.

Flynn quickly knocked out the guards around him, and jump to bring his hands back to his front. He quickly grabbed one of the brothers and pulled him in hard.