Merida

"Arg! This is going to be the worst day of my life!" Merida said under her the covers of her bed.

She tugs on them to cover her face, but somehow, the sun can still reach her eyes. She would love to close the curtains and sleep through the day. But her mom wants her up early, so she got rid of all of Merida's curtains.

Doesn't matter anyway, there was no use going back to sleep. Not that she got any sleep to begin with. How can she? After today, her life will be over. Later today, the clans will be coming with their chosen sons. All there so that Merida can be marry off to one of them.

"It's not fair.' She thought to herself. She has said that every moment since she heard the news. She'll be married to a total stranger, and not by her choice. If it was up to her, there would not be a ceremony or marriage to begin with. She would be riding her horse, or learning how to fight with her dad.

But her mom would not change her mind. She's as stubborn as a bear and wouldn't back down with any decision. That includes anything in Merida's life. The queen has done everything she could to turn Merida into a proper lady. But Merida's mind was set to be her own person. But every time she wants to be herself, she is stopped by her mom. Always feeling her it's not right or not proper. But today really takes the cake.

This whole marriage thing was her mom's idea, and it didn't really matter what Merida thinks.

Merida sat up from her bed and went to the window and looked out. There stood her kingdom of DunBroch, almost as old as the forests that reside near the kingdom. Some people have woken early to help set up the celebration. Setting up banners and booths, preparing meals, and getting the games set up. Soon, the lords and their clans will come, and the games will begin, much to Merida's dismay. She can even see the field where the games that will be held. All of the lord's sons will compete for her hand.

Merida wishes she could just escape with her horse and just ride off into the glands. But Merida knows that Angus is tied up in the stables, thanks to her mom. But she still wants a bit if freedom out of today. So she sneaks out of her room in her night gown. No point putting on her regular dress if she was going to get changed out of it as soon as her mom comes. Her plan was to grab some food from the kitchen and just wonder the grounds a bit. Besides, she wants to get out of there before she is taken by the servants.

On her way to the kitchen, she had to stop by her brother's room. Even though those three are as trouble as wee devils, they were peacefully asleep.

"Lucky boys." She whispers as she walks pass the door.

She then stops at the balcony overlooking the throne room, and looks down. All the servants were preparing all the thrones, the decorations and the music for this special occasion. Merida looks at the place with disgust. That'll be the very room her fate will be decided.

Over in a corner, she sees her mom in her beautiful green dress, overseeing everything. Her voice can be heard to where Merida is hiding. "Make sure the there are three bluebells in every pot, along with a dozen primroses." She said.

Merida sank herself down in the balcony so her mother wouldn't see her. The last thing she wants now is her mother's attention.

"Excellent." Elinor said with glee. "That colour will look beautiful with the banners." The servant holding a long dark green fabric nods and leaves to do her chore.

"Mum." One of the servants said. Merida recognizes Maudie's voice. "Is this the dress you wanted?"

Merida peers over the balcony to see Maudie holding a shiny blue dress with gold trimming.

"Yes!" Elinor said grabbing the dress. "This is the one. This is perfect." She then took in the environment all around her. Everything seems absolutely perfect to her. "Well, I better wake my daughter. If you see her, please bring her to me."