Merida vs Astrid

"Wow, this place is bigger on the inside."

Those were Jack's first words as he and the others step through the giant doors into the Great hall. The hall was one giant room, big enough to fit Vikings and dragons together; though the dragons would probably hate seeing the dragon killing pictures hanging on the walls. At the centre of the room was a roaring fire on a pedestal. Small Tables surround the pit with adult Vikings engaging in conversation. There was a larger table on the other side of the room, underneath a metal dragon with a sword through it. Also on the other side was a mighty throne, overlooking the entire hall. The group can guess that's where the chief sits.

"This was not what I was expecting," Rapunzel said looking around.

"I agree," Merida said think back to her castle. Her family only really had one place similar to this, but it's a lot smaller, and they had bear stuff, not dragons.

As everyone quietly steps in, they pulled their cloaks a little more over their heads and hide their hair. They were rather surprised that no one has spotted them yet. But then push that worry aside when the aroma of food entered their nostrils. They quickly ran to the source, and found a nice rack of meat on a long table. They're not sure what kind of meat it is, but it smelled cooked. It looked like a number of people have already had some helpings, with some bones being bare and some plates are left behind in a mess.

"So, what do we do?" Rapunzel ask being entirely new to this.

In truth so was Merida, so she can't give a direct answer.

"I think we just grab a plate and take what we can," she said grabbing a plate and pulling off a leg. Rapunzel nervously did the same and took some skimps of meat and a small leg. They then looked around for a table that was not out in the open. Jack manages to spot one in a back corner near a torch. The hurried to that table before it was taken and sat down. The girls say in the chairs (Merida near the wall and Rapunzel on the other side), while Jack jumped onto the table and sat cross legged.

"Really, Jack," Rapunzel said a little crossed. "Don't you know table etiquette?"

"Not really," he shrugs, "I don't really eat, so what's the point of learning manners."

"It's alright," Merida said. "No one can see him anyway."

"Oh right, but it's still a little improper." Rapunzel said. She looked down at her food, and not seeing any forks or knives. "So what do we do now? How do we eat this?"

"I think it's like medieval times," Jack said. "You eat with your hands." He then mines to her what to do with the leg. She gulps nervously as she takes the leg by the bone and chomps a mouth size piece in her mouth. She nearly chokes on it at first, but then chewed in done a bit and swallowed it.

"Maybe you should take smaller pieces," Merida said biting into hers.

Rapunzel nods and bite down a smaller piece and swallowed it a lot better.

"There you go," Jack said pretty happy.

"What do think this is?" Rapunzel asks. "Cause it's delicious."

"If I have to guess," Merida said looking at the leg in her hand. "It might be Yak or sheep. They seemed to have a lot of those around here."

"Now that we're all settled, do you guys really think his stone is here?" Jack asked looking around the area.

"To be honest, I'm not so sure," Merida said. "This place doesn't quiet feel like somewhere Hiccup can enjoy."

"I agree," Rapunzel said swallowing a piece of meat. "When I got mine, I felt almost a peace with myself and that I was home. Even if it was in my tower that I was locked away for my entire life, once I pushed away the lies, it didn't feel like a prison anymore. Here however, it stills seems a little hostile and unwelcome to someone like Hiccup. Especially with all the dragon killing artistry around us. I'm kind of uncomfortable just sitting here."