Let it go

Pitch's eyes snapped open, feeling something tore away from his soul. He pants heavily as sweat dripped from him forehead.

"What is it master?" Tooth asks with the other guardians around her.

"Frost," Pitch snarls as he leans on his throne for support. "He broke free."

"What?" North gasps in dismay.

"I don't know how he did it, but he didn't succumb to my darkness," Pith said with a narrow brow.

"How is that possible?" Bunny asks. "The darkness is mighty and powerful. No one can defeat it."

Pitch growled at this turn of events. Having someone as small as Jack actually beat his powers is something he wasn't expecting. It seems that he and the rest of these children are full of surprises.

"But it doesn't matter," Tooth said while cuddling Pitch by the arms. "Tonight is Christmas Eve. After tonight, there will be nothing standing in your way."

Pitch smiles as he looks to the globe. More and more lights started to fade out, until there were about a couple hundred on the globe.

Pitch cruel smirk never left his face as he chuckles dark and sinister

"Soon, Christmas will be gone, as well as the children's faith. It will all be mine!"

As the wind finally dies, and the snow stopped blowing everywhere, everyone watches Jack as he slowly touch his bare feet to the ground.

"Jack?" Rapunzel whispers as she stares at him. "Are...are you alright?"

Jack looks at her with his crystal blue eyes, and gives her a gentle smile.

"Yeah," he said as calm as the wind, "I'm alright. I'm fine."

Without hesitation, Rapunzel ran to him and gave him a big hug around his neck. Her body weight nearly made Jack fall backwards. But he maintained his balance and gives her a big hug in return.

Hiccup and Toothless ran up to the two of them, and Hiccup gave him a pat on the back. "Good to see you back."

"It's good to be back," Jack comments as he smiles at Hiccup.

Merida went and picked up the two broken staff pieces before she went to join the others. "I have to admit it; you gave us quite the hibby-jibbies back there."

"Sorry about that," Jack said to her. He then looked around to the friends surrounding him. If it wasn't for them, he might've given in to the darkness. He has to let them know that he's really thankful to have friends like them.

"Thank you, all of you, for not giving on me," he said with a small smile.

The three friends smile back, as good friends do.

"Of course," Rapunzel said to Jack. "We're friends, there for each other till the end, right?"

"Right," Merida and Hiccup said together.

Merida then presents the staff pieces to Jack, "I think this is yours."

Jack takes the staff pieces, and felt something totally new with them. It's as if the bond he made with it is gone. Now, they're just two pieces of sticks, not the staff that helped guide him for 300 years. It was amazing, yet sad at the same time. But Jack knows that he doesn't need the staff anymore. He has a new power, and he will use it from now on. So with a heavy heart, he lets the sticks fall back into the snow.

The others looked a little confuse, especially with Jack's smile. "Thanks," he said, "but I don't need it anymore." To prove his point, he opens his free hand and made a small crystal snowflake hover above his palm.