The bear, The witch, and The Princess

Morning dawned on the Scottish land. The sun was blocked by the trees, but tiny beams made their way through. The grass was still wet from the night before, but it produces a majestic shine that sparkled with the sun.

Merida fluttered her eyes as Hiccup shakes her awake.

"Hey," he said with a smile.

"I'm up," Merida yawns as she stretches her arms up. Hiccup backed up to give her some space as she sat up.

"What's with the wakeup call?" she asks a little irritated.

"It's your mom," Hiccup said while pointing his thumb out of the warehouse.

Merida looks outside and became slightly confused. Jack and Rapunzel were pushing and pulling stones around to a plank of wood on top of a large rock. The strange part was that there was a bear ordering them around with grunts and groans.

It took a split second for Merida to remember that the bear is her mother in a different form, and that Pitch has cursed her.

Her attention was back to Hiccup as he spoke. "She said breakfast is ready...at least that's what I think she means. This was all her idea."

Merida got up off the floor and took a closer look at the plank of wood. It had a wood bowl full of water and several pieces of bark with dark berries on them. Fork sticks and knife stones were all around and freshly picked flowers were laying in the centre. Elinor positioned all the utensils and food in their rightful place before she was completely satisfied.

Merida smiles as she shakes her head. Being a bear or not, her mother still has to be the queen of etiquette.

'I wonder how she was able to survive this long out here,' Merida thought to herself.

As she steps out into the morning day, she had to giggle when she saw Toothless. He was still asleep, but there was a vine wrapped around his neck like a dog leash.

'Best not to wake him,' Merida said as she walks towards the makeshift table. Elinor was there, welcoming her to the table.

As Hiccup and Merida took a seat on a stone, Rapunzel let out an exaggerated sigh. "Man those were heavy," she sighs.

"I hear you," Jack said as he leans on a nearby tree with Baby Tooth on his shoulder.

The queen looks at him and points her finger...claw on the only empty seat.

Jack can guess she's asking, no ordering him to join everyone for breakfast.

"I'm fine," he said while waving his hand. "I don't really need to eat."

But Elinor gave him and glare and point at the seat again.

"No, really," he said trying not to offend the queen. "I'm fine out here."

"Just humour her please," Merida said to Jack. "Just this one time pretend you're a normal person."

Elinor looked at Merida a little confused by what she said. How isn't he a normal person? She knows he can shoot ice but that's it, right?

Regardless, Jack sighs as he walks to the open seat. He places his staff's hook on the table as he sits down, making sure he's able to grab his staff of needed.

What he didn't expect was Elinor groaning and growling at him. It sound like she was telling him off about something. Most liking the way he's sitting or his posture. But he can't understand anything.

"Sorry," he shrugs. "I don't speak bear remember."

Elinor shows off a look that speaks 'really'. She then mimics Merida foreign her bow and points at Jack's staff and the ground.