Chapter 10 (:

Chapter 10 (:

--Monday--

-Keshia's POV-

"I had so much fun over the weekend!" I squealed.

The girls and I were now sitting down on one of the benches at the school grounds, waiting patiently for the bell to ring as we had our performance shortly.

"I had so much fun, too! It sucks how it may never happen again," Gemma said sadly.

"Well, I hope we do see them again," Jammee said.

"I hope we see them again sooner," I said, emphasizing on 'sooner'.

"True," Jammee shrugged.

The bell went and we made our way towards the gymnasium, where the assembly was held.

We entered the gymnasium and since our school is a Catholic school for girls, the chatter and laughters were booming from the corners of the gymnasium. The musical instruments were set up in the middle of the stage.

Our school has to wear a uniform since it's a Christian school but the girls and I are wearing black shorts and various colors of the same tee shirt from Hollister as Gemma picked out our clothing.

The deputy principal went up to the microphone and the chatter stopped.

"Good morning girls," Ms.. Hill said to the microphone.

"Good morning Ms.. Hill."

"Today we have a special assembly as our girls and our former students are going to be performing for us and after them, a band that is visiting our country is going to be performing for us as well," She said.

Wait, a band is performing after us? How come Miss Lee didn't tell us about this?

The crowd began murmuring until Ms. Hill cleared her throat and the chatter stopped.

Miss Lee came up to us and shook her head. "Girls, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about this. I couldn't-" Miss Lee said but she was cut off by Mariele.

"It's fine but who's the band that will be performing?" Mariele asked her.

Miss Lee shook her head, "I can't tell anyone but Keshia," She said, "You are going to sing 'Need You Now' with a boy."

My eyes grew wider. "A guy?" I exclaimed in a whisper.

"Um, yes. I know that you've been practicing the song with your sister but you're still going to sing your parts," She replied.

I nodded but still felt nervous. "Does this band know who we are?" I asked her.

She furrowed her eyebrows before she spoke, "I think so."

I couldn't speak. If I mucked up - not only did that mean embarrassing myself in front of hundreds of girls but in front of a guy too! And what if they thought I sucked?

I began to hyperventilate and someone turned me around the face them.

"You're going to be okay," Gianella said.

"Thanks, Nella but I don't think I'll do fine," I said.

"Hey!" Gemma exclaimed, "You'll do great. At practices you were amazing."

"Thanks, Gemma," I smiled at her. "Thanks guys," I said and we had a quick group hug.

"So please give a round of applause to Keshia, Gianella, Mariele, Gemma and Jammee!" Ms. Hill said and I took several deep breaths to try to remain calm.

I was now in front of the microphone and everyone else stood or sat with their instrument in front of them.

I cleared my throat. "Good morning everyone,"

"Good morning," Some people from the crowd said.

"Well, we're going to play you 2 songs plus another one because I will be doing a duet with someone from the band. The first song we're going to play is 'California King Bed' by Rihanna then 'I Do Not Hook Up' by Kelly Clarkson then lastly, 'Need You Now' by Lady Antebellum. Please do enjoy," I said and the guitar tune started for 'California King Bed'.

I had to take more deep breaths but I got through the song perfectly.

Jammee then started 'I Do Not Hook Up' by Kelly Clarkson and I got through the whole song easily as I was now warmed up. I didn't struggle on the high notes like I used to do as I felt very welcomed by the crowd.

The song finished. Miss Lee suddenly came up and I moved from the microphone to the side.

"Please give the girls another round of applause!" She said and loud claps from the crowd boomed in my ears. "Please welcome One Direction!" She said and the 5 boys came in as well as Simon. Miss Lee went back to her spot at the bottom of the bleachers.

I froze. Suddenly, I felt someone hug me, carry me then spin me where I had been standing.

"Hello, Pie," Harry said.

"Hazza! What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He chuckled then the 4 beats from the drums started, signalling the beginning of the first verse. I can't believe I'm going to be singing with Harry Styles! Snapping out of my thoughts, I began to sing.

The song went perfectly - way better than I thought it would. I came up to Harry, hugged him and he did the same too. I looked at the girls who they were talking to the guys but then saw me looking at them. They all came up to Harry and I to form a huge group hug.

The guys took over instruments and we took that as our cue to leave the stage and enjoy the boys' performance. We sat down on the floor like everyone else but in the middle, which had been specially reserved for us.

They sang 'Torn' by Natalie Imbruglia and they received a huge round of applause and screams from the crowd. We joined them and screamed like crazy fan girls, which we were, and they laughed at us.

Their next song was 'What Makes You Beautiful' which made everyone, and I do mean everyone, crazy. From the corner of my eye I saw a close friend of mine, Alessandra, scream her head off.

When they were singing, I noticed the guys were looking directly at us and smile. I smiled at Harry who was looking at me and grinned.

The song ended and the boys ran up to us and formed a group hug again.

Simon then came up to the microphone.

"I would like to thank everyone in this gymnasium for being so welcoming," He said.

-Gemma's POV-

"Can Gemma Bell please come up here, please," Simon said.

I froze. Why would Simon want me up there?

I felt someone nudge me. "Gemma, Simon called you up the stage," Mariele whispered in my ear.

I stood up and looked over at Liam who was smiling reassuringly.

I went to Simon and he suddenly hugged me. I heard gasps from my friends and I know I gasped myself, too.

"Gemma," He said, still speaking on the microphone, "I am sincerely sorry for leaving you and your mother."

I heard people gasp but I wasn't sure if I heard right. What?!

"Um, excuse me?" I asked him.

"Gemma," He paused, "I am your father."

Wait -

"You're my Dad?" I exclaimed a little too loud but hey, this was big news for me.

He looked uncomfortable, "Yes."

"B-but ho-how?" I stuttered.

He exasperatedly sighed, "It was my fault. I shouldn't have left your mum. I'm so sorry," A tear suddenly escaped from his eyes.

I gasped, "It's okay. I think I understand." I came closer, hugged him and then out of nowhere, tears began to fall.

I heard 'awws' from the crowd and then I felt arms around me. The whole gang was now giving us a hug, even the boys.