Chapter 14 (:

Chapter 14 (:

-Keshia's POV-

I woke up to the delightful sound of buzzing from my phone's alarm. I groaned and gladly turned the buzzing off. I checked the time: 6:31 A.M, and groaned again. Just as I settled down again, I heard something crash from downstairs.

I sat up quickly, too quickly that it gave me a headache and black spots appeared appeared in front of me. I put both of my hands between my head until my vision cleared.

When I lazily walked towards the kitchen, there were glass pieces shattered on the tiles.

"Hello?" I called out.

Suddenly, a head popped out out from the counter table.

I shrieked and clutched my shirt near my heart.

"Mom, you scared me!" I shrieked.

"Sorry," She mumbled.

"It's fine," I said, still clutching on my shirt.

I grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard as well as a spoon, cereal box and the milk from the refrigerator.

I carefully made my way through the counter table, making sure that I didn't step on the shattered glass.

I ate my cereal slowly, studying what my Mother is doing. She was trying to cook, but I couldn't figure out why.

"So, does anyone interest you?" Mom asked while cleaning up the mess.

An image of Harry's face flashed in my head. I gave her a puzzled look, "Mom, are we seriously going to talk about this?"

She shrugged, "I just wanted to have a mother-daughter talk."

I finally gave up. "Mom, you have to stop this," I politely said.

She stood up. "Stop what?" She asked innocently which made me angry.

"What are you doing? Why are you so nice all of a sudden?"

"What do you think I'm doing, dancing?" She barked.

"I was just asking," I mumbled.

"Well, instead of you sitting down and mumbling to yourself, why don't you come here and help me instead, huh?"

"I can't. I have - "

"And why can't you help me?" She asked, clearly annoyed.

"Mom, it's a Tuesday and I have school today and besides, tomorrow's my last day," I reasoned.

"Oh, about school, I called your school and told them that you're not going to school today nor tomorrow," She shrugged, "Simon Cowell told me to."

"Oh," I said then realization hit me now. "What?" I exclaimed.

"Honey, calm down - "

"Don't you dare call me honey, Mom," I spat, emphasizing on 'Mom'.

She gasped and she turned red, "What has gotten into you, young lady?"

"What has gotten into me? What has gotten into you!" I spat.

I surprised myself with my answer. I have never, ever answered my Mom before but if she's going to be in 'Mother' material, it is most definitely not working.

"How dare you!"

Everything became a blur and I felt my right cheek sting. I gasped and held onto my cheek.

"I don't know what I have done to you but you've always seem to push me away. Ever since I can remember you have always seemed to push me away. I don't even remember the last time we've celebrated my birthday. Do you even know when my birthday is?" I calmly said, tears dropping from my eyes.