Flicker

"Mom?" I speak into the phone a frown now etched onto my face.
"Yes hi honey your father wants you home for dinner"
I was shocked what does she mean he wants me home for dinner.
"What do you mean you want me home for dinner you threw me out" I spit out as Harry's hand comes to hold mine as he drives.
"Your father wants you home for dinner tonight this is his first time back in town and he doesn't know you left so I suggest you get here soon."
I squeeze my eyes shut tight then open them again.
"No mom I'm not coming"
I hear her scoff over the phone "and why the hell not blue?"
"I have plans with my boyfriend for my birthday I'm not just going to drop them for the woman who threw me out of her house, just tell dad I said hi and to give me a call later"
With that I hung up and looked out the window as we drove.
My dad and I always had a closer relationship then my mom and I, even if he was Barely there.
"Do you want to talk about it babe?" Harry asked, squeezing my hand in his.

"No, I'm fine" I say as I look out the window and a stray tear falls down my face.
"Do you want to go back home?" He asks and I nod my head.
"Yes please"

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-
When we got home I head straight for our room and flop on the bed face first.
After a minute of just me sitting with my face buried in the bed Harry comes in sitting next me me on the bed and starts rubbing my back.

"Do you want me to run you a bubble bath babygirl?" He asks softly while rubbing my back.

"Yes please daddy" I say slightly muffled by the bed sheets.
"I'll be right back" he says giving me a kiss on the head and the bed dips indicating he left.
I hear the bath water start running and he comes back into the room.
"Come on" he says and I roll over on my back to look at him.
I stretch out my arms and he smiles picking me up off the bed and carefully Carries me to the bathroom and sets me down on my feet.

He sits me on the baths edge and takes off my shoes and socks then stands me up and helps me take of my sweater, jeans and underwear.
I carefully get into the bubble bath that smelt of lavenders bs watched as Harry striped himself down and got in behind me wrapping his tattooed arms around me as I lean back into him.
It was so peaceful to just be there with him in his arms.
"Hey Harry?" I say as I stare at the small Cotten candy candle he had lite on the side.
"Yeah baby?" He looks down at me.
I pause wondering if I should really say what I'm about to, and the the words come out.
"I love you" I said looking into his eyes which for a moment held shock then a smile creased on his face.
"I love you blue" he leans down and presses a kiss to my lips.
"I love you now and I always will" he says then kisses me again and I smile into it.
Then he just holds me in his arms even after the bath water has turned cold.