Chapter 42.

Niall's POV:

"I love you Shaheen..." the words slip out.

I couldn't keep my feelings inside of me, and it's all her stubborn fault. I know she doesn't have any feelings for me, and Zayn is going to kill me if he finds out. Why couldn't I just keep my mouth fucking shut.

"Niall..." I can sense she has nothing to say. Obviously she doesn't want to say anything, she hates me.

"Shaheen, I'm okay. I know the feelings aren't mutual, hell of course they aren't. Zayn and you are engaged, you love him." My heart is aching. If I stay here any longer, I am going to break. I can't let her see my tears.

"Niall I do love you, but only as a friend. I see you as a really good friend of mine, the best friend I've always wan- Shaheen don't." Cutting her off. I can't hear this bullshit. I am only a friend, just a friend. Only if that bastard Zayn wasn't here. What am I saying, he is my best friend. I take a deep breath, and stand up.

"I'm really sorry," she fiddles with her thumb, not giving me eye contact.

I walk inside leaving Shaheen alone on the porch. Everyone seems so happy fooling around, then there is me being an emotional wreck.

"Guy, I'm going to head home. I don't really feel so good." Louis and Liam sense some tension, and Anisa looks towards Harry.

"If you aren't feeling so well you should stay here and rest," Anisa suggests.

"No, I'm fine. I think I should just go home, I don't want to be a party pooper,"

"Dude, what's wrong? You aren't going to be a party pooper." Liam says. Everything is wrong with my life, only if you guys knew how I felt.

"Nothings wrong, I'm just not feeling to well."

"Alright, if you need anything please call, and I'll send some food with Harry later," Anisa says.

"That's fine, thanks. Bye guys," I head towards the door, looking back to see if Shay is anywhere in sight, but don't see her. I need some fresh air and I also need to forget about my feelings towards Shay.

Shaheen's POV:

How is this possible. Niall loves me and I didn't even realize it. He can't have feelings towards me, this isn't true, it just isn't. Zayn and I are engaged, we are going to be getting married soon, and that's when Niall decides to tell me. How could he do that to me. I need to tell Zayn. No, if I tell Zayn it'll be a huge issue. Zayn is going to hate Niall and I can't be the reason their friendship breaks. I need to forget about this, and hope Niall forgets about his feelings towards me.

I walk inside, and everyone is watching TV, but Niall is no where in sight. "What are you guys watching?" I sit in between Zayn and Liam.

"Just whatever is on TV, we are all really bored." Harry says.

"Where were you babe?" Zayn whispers into my ears.

"Just outside on the porch, needed some fresh air." I say, not being able to look at him. I can't blurt out anything, but it stabs me to keep something away from him like this. "We should order some food," I suggest.

Pizza arrives after 45 minutes, and we all dig in. "Hey, can someone take this to Niall. Poor thing hasn't had any food and isn't feeling well." No one says anything.

"I'll go." Niall and I still have so much to talk about. I need to tell him to not ruin anything between Zayn and I, and that he needs to forget about me.

"Are you sure? I'll come along baby," Zayn says. No, if he comes I wont be able to talk to Niall.

"No babe. I just want some alone time as well, so I'll go drop this off and go on a little stroll."

"It's quite late Shaheen. Are you sure you want to go out alone in the dark." Louis says.

"Don't underestimate my strength dude. I ain't scared of the dark," I snap.

"Chill tiger, he was just saying," Liam says.

"I know, and I was just saying as well."

I head out with a small box of pizza for Niall. I hope he understands and listens to me.

Walking up into the boy's apartment, I hesitate. Should I talk to him or should I just give him the pizza with no eye contact and walk away. I take a deep breath and ring the bell. It takes a good 5 minutes for Niall to open the door. My heart breaks as I see his appearance. His eyes are shot red, his hair a mess with a bottle of alcohol in his hand.

"What the fuck are you doing here." The anger and heartbreak in his voice is apparent.

"I just, I came to drop some food of," I have never seen this side of him.

"Thanks, but I don't need your fucking food, nor your pity." What is he on about.

"I am not here to pity you Niall. I'm here to drop this food off, and I wanted to talk to you, but now I don't want to say anything to you."

"Of course, little miss perfect doesn't want to talk. She is engaged, but what is she doing at my house at 11 at night. Don't you think Zayn is going to be suspicious." Where is this all coming from.

"Zayn trusts me, and you are his best friend. Zayn knows that we are friends as well, so there is nothing to be suspicious about."

"You got that wrong baby girl. We are not friends. We can never be friends. You are whore for coming here, I hate you!" He shouts. Ouch, that hurt, but I understand that he is angry, and I know how hurt he is.

"Niall let's go inside. You are drunk and I don't want your neighbours to complain."

"Why the fuck do you care," he swats my hand off his arms.

"Niall, please." I shut the door behind us. He needs to calm down and sober up. I walk into the kitchen to get some water for him. I walk into the living room, but Niall isn't there. I panic, and the first thought in mind is he is going to hurt himself. I glance around calling his name.

"Niall." I find him out on the balcony. How can I hurt him. I hate that I'm the reason behind his tears. I open the sliding door making my way to stand beside Niall.

"You know what hurts the most..." Niall says. I look towards him, seeing the dried tears on his cheeks. "It hurts to be the one saying hurtful things to someone you love."

"It's okay."

"Let me finish Shaheen. It hurts to be see your name with Zayn. Yes, I haven't hung out with you for long, but I know that I have fallen hard for you Shaheen. I really love you, and it hurts to know that you are going to get married to him. I am sorry for calling you a whore, I didn't mean that. Anger gets the best of a person. Shaheen, I can't stay here. I need to get away to forget you, if I stay here I will ruin things between Zayn and I, and also things between you and Zayn. I don't want to be the reason you are unhappy. I love you, and I will sacrifice my love to see you happy with Zayn."

I look into Niall's eyes. He really means what he is saying, but I don't want him to leave. Without even thinking my lips are on his. I kiss him slowly, and I can feel the love in his kiss. Thoughts of how wrong this is go through my head, but I push them back. What am I doing. 

--------------------------------------

I am so so so so so, add as many so's as you can, but i am genuinely very sorry for updating after a year. The last time i posted a chapter was on March 6th 2014, and i am terribly sorry to all my readers who actually read this story and enjoyed reading it. I am going to start updating this story, and I have started a new story so please check it out. I am not going to promise that I will be updating regularly, because ya know Uni life, but I will try updating as much as I can. I hope you guys enjoy.

Love you all, 

Thanks xo.