The Stranger

They were at the north side of the Glade, now. It was mostly a large valley with some sleeping bags laid out on it- the same place Clara had slept last night. Just then, she saw a red light scatter across the wall. "What was that?" She asked.

"Hm?" Vastra said. "Oh, we call those Beetle Blades. They're how the Creators watch us." So many questions ran through Clara's head, but she couldn't put her voice to any because of the loud alarm that had sounded off, interrupting her. "That's weird." Vastra said.

"What does it mean?"

"Well, it usually means a new Greenie, but..." Vastra ran towards the box, and Clara, having really no other choice, followed.

        Once they arrived, they saw that tons of other Gladers were also gathering around the box, Zara in front, pushing the others off until Vastra got there. The two women exchanged a few words together, and then beckoned Clara. "What's happening?" She asked once she reached them.

"We don't have a bloody clue." Zara said. "That in there is either a new Glader or something else - neither of which would be normal, because we only get one Glader every month, and that box never comes up with anything else exempt for a pig and supplies with each newbie. You were the last one here, so we think it has something to do with you."

"Well then, we'll see once those doors slide open." Almost on cue, the metal doors began to split. The space was instantly light by the sun, and there was only one thing inside. Not any crates, not a pig, but a person. Old, short curly gray hair, black suit. And male.