The Mystery

"A dead Griver?" Vastra rephrased.

            "You don't need any hearing aids yet, Vastra- that's what I said." Micasa replied, having too much fun with the conversation, almost boasting about her discovery.

              "Very interesting. And who killed it?"

              "Dead when I got there. Why does every other Rider get to find Grievers and not the one with the big katana?" Micasa said. Clara had just realized the large sword strung across a holster on Micasa's back. Where did she get that weapon? "Anyway, point is, I didn't kill the Griever. For all we know, he was depressed that none of his Griever buds would hang out with him and jumped off a wall himself."

               "This is serious, Micasa. If we didn't kill it, then something's up. I want you to take someone tomorrow to go investigate."

                "Oh, can I take that librarian chick? Heh, bet she'd get quite the kick from a real, big, scary Griever." Right off the bat, Clara could tell that Micasa barley liked anyone in the walls of the Glade. Hannah being one of many.

                  "I realize the flaw in letting you choose. Alright, you and me set off tomorrow morning when the other Riders are leaving."

                    "Dang it. Alright, I got no more to say. Anything happen while I was gone?"

                    "Actually... Come this way. We'll discuss my news as we walk..." And with that, both leaders began walking towards the large tree set in the middle of the Glade.