chapter two/three-home sweet home

The three women had sat themselves across from me, putting themselves between me and the door. One I knew, the other two were strangers who did not look like they were happy to be in the same room as me let alone breathing the same air.
"Layla." I said boldly staring into her eyes. A flash of pain passed through her before she covered it.
"Mill." she replied in her quiet voice. 
"Why are you here?" It was the middle woman who directed this question. I studied her, acknowledging she had a 'no bullshit' vibe about her.
"I want to speak with Cut" I replied.
"Well he's not available right now so we're what you've got so you best get talking" 'no bullshit' replied to me.
" I'm not safe and I need help" the words were spoken against my better  judgement but I had no choice, I had run out of options.
"When did you get not safe Millie?" Layla asked,  shock in her voice, as history between us would suggested I was very rarely a daredevil person.
"About the time I moved home" I replied.
Layla froze,"you went back?" She breathed out, shock evident in her entire body.

Chapter three

"They never wanted me to leave, my parents,  always scared of their baby going off into the big bad world" I said bitterly, "but I got a job and left straight after college...anyways I came home and they were, well let's just say, they weren't thrilled to see me" I laughed without humor. The girls exchanged a look of worry but I hardly took notice. Treading carefully I watched the way I continued my story, a wrong word could be the make or break of this entire situation.
"After some time and things settling back down into the normal routine of the way my life had been, I went a little wild, and well, I told them I was pregnant" I smiled at the thought of my little boy at home. Each girl sucked in a breath in shock.
"You've got a child?" Layla breathe out. The way she said it reminded me of that scene in dream girls where Effy and Diana are sitting talking and Effy tells her about Magic.
I nodded sharply and, scared more questions would be asked, I continued with my story. "They were furious and kicked me out. They couldn't believe how irresponsible I was, they thought I had learned my lesson after coming home. It was okay though, well it wasn't but I made it so that it was. I got a job and focused on my life, the one I was about to build. A little while later was when I met him" I watched how they all tensed.
"Who?" The quiet girl on the right asked and I suddenly had the urge to laugh. I felt like I was sitting at a camp fire telling a made up scaring story to a bunch of eager campers. It's not made up though, my mind reminded me and with that sobering thought I answered her question.
"Jonathan" I shook my head," I liked his name, on him it seemed strong, trustworthy. I don't know it seemed like the name of someone who did something with his life...how stupid I was" I mumbled.
"I met him in my job at the time. We hit it of and after a while we moved back out here and everything was great. He was great with my child and he was great with me. Until it started going bad" they all shifted forward in their seats, tension heavy in the room.
"It was small stuff first, his attitude got darker but that was only some days so I was doubting myself on whether I was just seeing things or not. But then he started getting mad and picking fights and coming home late" I whispered focusing on the blanket under me as I picked at the loose threads.
"The day I ran was the one and only time he got his hands on me enough to seriously hurt me physically" I was so far below a whisper now I wasn't sure I was speaking at all.
"What way did he hurt you?" The middle woman asked, her voice thick with something I could distinguish.
"It doesn't matter" I replied.
"It always matters" she said back fiercely. I looked into her eyes.
"Not to me, not anymore. I got away and made my way down here and well here I am" I shrugged as the room fell into silence.
"Did he follow you?" Layla asked.
"No. I was careful, he wasn't able to. But see what I didn't know at the time was that Jonathan was wrapped up in drugs and the likes." I watched realisation dawn on their faces. " I've got drug lords coming for me to collect money I don't have because that prick got himself caught up in that stuff" I was shaking with anger.
"I didn't know what to do, I had nowhere else to go" I whispered.

A room in the compound.
Everyone was shocked into silence as emotions filled the room until the point there was hardly any air in the room.
"We need to find out who this guy is"
"Scumbag"
"And where he gets the drugs"
All the brothers were contributing thier own opinion on the matter as I sat in silence. Suddenly Switch spoke.
"Cut?" I looked at him. " what's your call brother? How we deal with this is up to you" I looked around the room hearing both his and her words. I wanted to not give a shit but I could feel my blood boiling under my skin. I knew because that piece of shit had touched her that we couldn't just leave her to fight for herself. The fact that she had a kid sealed the deal as well.
"And,well, I told them I was pregnant."
"I want to get everything you can on him out of her" I replied.