Chapter eight - hmmm... Jake?

I placed Carrie on the bed and sat down at my desk. I opened up my laptop and switched it on again. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

I Grabbed my other chair which was underneath the pictures of dad and pushed it up against the door. Me and Carrie took everything we could and shoved it against the door so whoever it was coming up the stairs couldn't get to us.

The banging and shouting of Mark was getting louder by the minute. I refused to reply and Carrie was sat on the bed with her hands covering her ears.

I just carried on sitting at my desk chatting to Ruby on Facebook. I do love that girl, she's my best friend, I prefer her to my own mother, and she's great with Carrie.

Suddenly a friends request appeared.

Jake French.

hm-mm Jake French? Do I know a Jake?

A flash back appeared to the door way in form of me repeating my apology to bumping into him.

My eyes widened as the thought of Jake adding me was kind of weird. Does that mean he actually wants to be my friend. I could really use another friend at the moment.

I accepted and he was on-line.

1 New inbox

It said hello with one kiss.

I said Hey and returned the kiss.

We got onto the conversation of why he added me and he said because he wanted to get to know me. I glued a smile to my face when I talked to him.

I'm not getting feelings for him am I? I hardly know the dude. His profile picture is H.O.T!

Actually he is H.O.T!

We took it in turns to ask each other questions and he eventually asked me what I look for in a guy. So I replied with black hair, skinny, good conversationalist, and makes me smile, also someone who is trustworthy. (Hoping he was all of those!) I can check the black hair and skinny and he has made me smile, just by simply talking to me.

We really got to know each other and he started putting love hearts at the end... n'awwww

I thought that I had known him for longer than I had and told him why I had the scratch down my face the other day at school. He put and :O face and he said to me whenever you feel in danger or upset I could come to him. I started to get butterflies in my stomach the way he was talking to me.

Then the things in front of the door started to move.

He must of been putting some force in this.

Carrie started to jump every time there was a loud bang (Which was very often!) I took her by the hand and headed for the window.

I could open it enough for us both to climb onto the roof just outside my window. I said I was coming to his, as he had told me his address before.

I shut down my laptop and climbed out the window first to make sure it was safe. I turned round and grabbed Carrie to help her through when Mark came smashing through my bedroom door and grabbed Carrie's leg. I was pulling Carrie towards me and Mark was pulling her legs like a rag doll. He snatched her off of me and made me slip backwards. He pushed his hand towards me and I slipped on a loose tile.

I went flying off the roof and the next I knew was that I was 'Kissing' the patio down below with my blood filled mouth.