Chapter sixteen - Invitation

I woke up to see my gorgeous boy leaning over me. He lightly kissed me on the nose before dragging me and myself out of bed. I shivered as I stood in jut my underwear. Jake threw me my clothes from over the other side of the room and I shoved them on. I turned around and grabbed Jake to kiss him. We had a few moments of just that one kiss. I backed away and sighed.

"Whats up?" He asked me putting his arm around my shoulder.

"It's just Carrie, I can't leave her in that house with that monster and pathetic excuse for a mother," I said getting annoyed.

"We will make sure she's alright, I promise," He told me whilst smiling.

I swung my arms around him and thanked him. I got a few things (i.e my phone and money bla bla bla) and left his room.

"Morning Jess," His mum warmly said

"Morning," I replied

Jake came down and made a couple of pieces of toast. We waited impatiently as the toast took its time to rise from the toaster. Jake grabbed the toast as soon as it popped up and I took a piece from his hand.

"Forget the topping," I smiled

I bit a chunk in the toast and we both left. I took his hand as we walked down the road with our pieces of toast. I had gobbled mine up by the time we had got round the corner. I loved fresh toast. Especially knowing that my boy had made it for me. I am so soppy when it comes to Jake. But I don't care. I love him and he loves me, that's all that matters at the moment, and of course getting Carrie back!

He too had finished his piece of toast as we arrived to the back gate. I went to push it open but they had bolted it shut and neither of us could reach the other side and unbolt it!

Jake's attempt to show off his muscles worked as he jumped up and climbed over the gate showing off his bare arms underneath his t-shirt.

"It won't unbolt!" He shouted from the other side of the gate.

"What do we do?"

"You'll have to climb too." He said

I rolled my eyes and laughed at the thought of my clumsy behaviour. No way could I climb the fence. I saw Jake's head pop over the gate and he dangled down his arms. I grabbed them both with a firm grip and he hoisted me up through the air and over the gate.

"Ouch," I said wincing.

"You OK babe?" He asked coming to my side.

"Yeah, it's only a splinter,"

"Let me get it out," He offered

He bent down and squeezed two pieces of skin either side of the splinter. To be fair it was a rather big splinter. I could feel my eyes watering as the pinching sensation wasn't a rather good one. I was glad though when Jake held out his hand with a tiny black line in his hand.

We carried on walking until we reached the back door. Suprise suprise it was locked. I smacked and punched the door  hoping that someone would answer. No one did.

The door was glass so I pressed my face against it hoping to look in. I could suddenly hear thudding and banging from inside. I punched the door harder hoping that someone would appear in my view.

I could see Carrie running from the hall into the lounge but backwards. I could see mum running towards her and screaming in her face. I kicked and punched the door but no one looked. Carrie finally turned around and saw me trying to break in.

"Jess!!!" I could just about make out that those were the words that she was saying.

The thing that I call mum grabbed Carrie by her long silky hair to stop her from letting me in. What does she think she's doing? The disgusting cow!

"Jake, help me get in there!" I shouted

Jake put one fist through the glass. His force was hard as the glass shattered around us. I made my way through the broken window in the door and ran over to the woman that I once called my mother. I punched and kicked until she let go of my sister.

"Give her to me!" I shouted in her face

I pulled Carrie away and told Jake to get a hold of her.

"Give me back my daughter!" The woman told me

"No, I just saw what you did, and no mother in the right mind would do that to their own flesh and blood!"

"Oh, look at you.... Jess aged fifteen and come to save the day!"

I told Carrie to get some stuff together with the help of Jake whilst I 'word-battled' with mum.

"You don't go anywhere near my daughter you twat!" She sneered at Jake.

"He's my boyfriend and he does whatever he wants,"

"He put my fiance in jail!"

"Good he deserved it the dick head! And so do you!"

With those last words I waited for Jake and Carrie to come back downstairs and this time we took the front door. I stuck my middle finger up at the woman staring at her daughter leaving with the hands of her other one. I slammed the door.

"Where are we going?" Carrie asked

"Your new home for a while," I replied but smiled at the same time.

"You two love birdies then?" She laughed looking between me and Jake

"You can say that," I giggled.

We walked out the front gate and didn't look at the place we once called our home, and then got interrupted by someone that I didn't expect to see.

"Hey you guys, didn't know you were a couple, anyways I'm having a party at mine, booze, flirting, the lot!" Si said giving us an invitation to the one and only party that I defiantly need.

Maybe I'll get to be wild again!