Chapter 21 - Unexpected surprise!

When I got home Jake was pestering me to stay with him, even though I told him that I was moving out whether he likes it or not!

"I didn't mean what I said Jess," Jake said, turning me around to face him.

"Yes you did, there's no point in saying yo love me anymore when you clearly don't!"

"I do! I was just pissed that night,"

"You only had a couple of drinks!"

"I don't mean pissed like that, I mean I was pissed off. How can you get off with Si when I was in the room?"

"Now, it's my turn to say I was pissed!" I threw the last bits of mine and Carrie's things in the suitcase and walked over to the door. His mum was kind enough to give me her biggest one, and said that we're welcome back anytime. I was not coming back here until he either moved out, or I was dead!

"Come on Carrie, time to go,"

"Why? I want to stay here with Jake," she moaned.

I pulled her up by her arms and smiled lamely. "We need to get some space of our own Carrie," She ran and gave Jake a hug before following me out of his bedroom and downstairs. "Thankyou so much for letting us stay here, and maybe we'll be back, I just need space at the moment,"

Jake's mum pulled me into a hug, followed by giving Carrie one, she looked up at me awkwardly and waited by the door. "You're welcome here anytime sweety," I turned on my heel and joined Carrie by the door. I picked up my suitcase to take down the front steps and put it back on its wheels.

"Where are we going then Jess?" Carrie looked up at me, then looked down the street. I glanced at where she was looking at and pulled her close to my side. Coming up the road was two guys, one wearing a black hoodie and tracksuit bottoms, and the other wearing a dark green t-shirt and baggy jeans. "Jess?"

I saw Carrie looking up at me and I pushed herself and me across the road. I saw the two guys following our path so I sped up a bit dragging Carrie along. We'd been speed-walking for at least an hour, mainly in circles as we had no clue where to go. "Can't we go back to Jake's?" she moaned.

"No Carrie." I said sharply. I peered around the corner to see if the guys were still following us, and came across a nice looking building. "Over here,"

She trailed along next to me and I pushed open the double-doors leading into a lobby. "May I help you madam," I turned around and a big guy was glaring at me. He was extraordinary large and was covered in a black suit and tie.

"Just looking for a place to stay,"

"Right there then please," he pointed over to a queue of people. I rolled my eyes and trudged over to the back of the queue.

"I'm hungry," Carrie clutched her stomach and was staring at the vending machine.

"I'll buy you something when we're in,"

Twenty minutes later we were finally at the counter. "Room for two please,"

"How long for?" the guy stood opposite me was pretty fine. He looked in his mind-twenties but his features made him look like he should still be in school, let alone work in a hotel.

"I'm not too sure,"

"Well can you make up your mind please?"

"Look here, I have just moved out of my boyfriends house, I have my little sister to look after as my mum is an asshole, and I just need a room to stay in, so can you find us one please,"

"Security!" he yelled. "You do not raise your voice and use that sort of language with me Missy."

"No no no, please. I didn't mean it like that, it's just that no one understands me, and I'm just looking for something to cover our heads."

"Then an umbrella should do just fine,"

"I mean a roof you din!"

"Get out." he replied bluntly. He pointed a finger over at the door and I could see a security man approaching me.

"Jess?!" I stopped in my tracks. That voice sounded familiar, yet so distant. I looked over my shoulder and my jaw decided to take a swing at the floor.

"Kody? What are you doing here?" I ran up to him and squashed him into a hug. "I havn't seen you in years. How did you remember me?"

"I couldn't forget these two cute faces, and blimey Carrie, havn't you grown?!" Carrie looked up at me confusingly.

"This is Kody, he's my friend, and used to help me babysit you when you were younger." She then smiled at him and held out her hand.

He chuckled slightly. "Ohrighty then," he shook her hand and glared at the security guy stood behind me, about to throw me out on the street. "I've got it from here big guy," He raised an eyebrow at Kody. "I mean... I can handle this,"

Me and Carrie burst out laughing and he led us both over to the counter. "How much do you need?" 

I shot him a look of surprise. "I can't take your money Kody, I havn't been in contact with you in years!"

"Doesn't mean I forgot about you," my heart did a little flip. That's so sweet! If he's offering, I may aswell take it right? I mean, me and Carrie do need a roof over our heads.

"I don't know how long I will be staying here for,"

He handed over a pile of notes and linked arms with me. "You've got five nights," I pulled him into another hug and planted a kiss on his cheek. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to see you again,"

"Thank-you SO much Kody, how long you staying for?"

"Five nights," he winked.

"Ohh, I see what you've done there,"

"Couldn't resist," he high-fived Carrie and we all got the elevator to our floor.

"Even on the same floor are we," I laughed.

He smiled and replied. "Like I said... couldn't resist. When I saw that there was a room on our floor, how could I say no?"

"Our floor?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm here with a couple of friends,"

"Ohh, do I know-"

"Peter is here," he smirked, answering my incomplete question.

"NOOOOOOOO WAY! I havn't seen him in like... forever! Ahhhhhhhh!" I squealed.

"I thought you might like that,"

We all piled out of the elevator, me being first. "Where are you staying?"

"You might want to unpack before you come and see us, don't think Peter will like the weight of the suitcase too," I hit him lightly on the arm and took my keys that Kody had in his pocket.

"Room fifteen, awww man, that's all the way down there," I groaned.

"Don't moan, if I wern't here, you would be on your asses and under a cardboard box,"

"Thanks." I said bluntly.

"I didn't mean-"

"Shut-up," I punched him in the arm again and he stifled a laugh. "I'll be down to your room in half an hour,"

"Good luck trying to find it," he said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah... what room are you in?"

"Twenty-seven,"

I walked down the hall and into our room. "Do you looove him," Carrie teased.

"He's just a mate Carrie,"

I took my time checking out the room, this must of cost Kody a fortune! The bathroom was big, and so were the beds. I had a double and there was a single for Carrie. She took the first opportunity she had to go and jump on it. "Carrie! There are people sleeping downstairs."

"At five in the afternoon?"

I looked at the clock and she was right. "True." Me being the big kid that I was, also took the opportunity to jump on my bed. "I'm going to bounce higher!"

"No you're not,"

We both started jumping and bouncing on the beds, not caring what anyone else thought. Maybe this won't be as bad as it seemed..