Chapter eleven

Rick's PoV

For about the fifty fifth time today my younger siblings walk into my office and it's only lunchtime "finish what your doing Rick we are leaving for the afternoon" Lor demands. "We're not, I have too much to do and you know I don't take time off during the week" I respond gruffly. "Please Rick, Lor said I can have the afternoon off study just this once. We are going to do something fun and we never get to do that anymore, please I really want to do this" Ben begs me. I have so much to do but I can't help but feel guilty because he's right, lately it's all work even at the weekend. We spend everyday together but we don't do anything fun. "I've cleared your day so you might as well come" Lorcan buts into my thoughts.

They both look like they need this so I agree "ok, just fo-" "yes!" Ben shouts over me and runs into my arms hugging the life outta me, I don't mind I'm happy I made him this happy. "You better make up your school work tomorrow ok" I tell him feeling his soft curls tickle my neck as he nods frantically. "Where are we off to anyway?" I ask and they refuse to tell me which I find weird. We leave and go home to get into more comfortable clothes, 'dress casually' I was told so I put on a form fitting top and my worn jeans that have rips on both legs.

Lorcan drives and I soon realise we are going to the local fair ground, I am actually excited we haven't been here for a long time. At that we were younger and could only go on one ride each because we had so little money but this time I can buy the whole fucking park if I want so I plan to spoil us rotten here. I still think it's weird they wouldn't tell me about this I mean what's there to keep secret about but I let it go. Lorcan walks away and makes a phone call and when he gets back he says "right the only time we are allowed to use our phones for the rest of the day is if we get separated from one another, otherwise no phones. Got it" I laugh at him trying to sound like a sergeant major so I salute him, stomp my foot and say "sir, yes sir" making Ben laugh loudly.

We enter the park, it's one of those places where you pay as you go, there's no entry fee. "Where too first" I ask and Lorcan answers quickly "the Ferris wheel" I just shrug and go along with it not really caring where we start. As we approach I start to understand why they were acting so secretly and before I can turn and walk away Ben, the traitor that he is, yells out "hi Theo". In fairness Theo looks like he also had no clue about this because he stands stock still as he sees us. The man to his right nudges his side and I realise it's his friend Rob. He breaks out of his stupor and says "hi guys, it's funny running into you here" I see him sweep his eyes over my body and then blush bright red, oh how'd I'd love to be inside his head right now.

"Lorcan. what. did. you. do." I side whisper to my scheming lil twerp of a brother. He just ignores me and throws Rob a knowing look. Ah I get it now they were in this together. I don't care about anyone else as I catch Theo's elbow and pull him away from the others. I will not let my one chance with him get ruined because of nosey friends and brothers. Once we are out of earshot  I tell him "I'm sorry, it looks like Rob and Lorcan set this up. I would not do this to you knowing you don't want to date me-" he holds up his hand "woah, I never said I didn't want to date you, I said I can't, there's a difference. Look your here now you might as well join us. One thing though, my little sister, well, she doesn't do so good with new people so don't try to hard with her. She'll eventually warm up to you all but she's my first priority so if she gets upset we're separating again ok" I nod but inside I'm doing the Macarena, he wants us to stay and he wants to date me. I see a light at the of the tunnel but I need to be patient.

"I understand completely, you might not know this and it's a story for another day but I raised my brothers. What I'm trying to say is I get what your saying because I've been there literally, we had very little and lived with two older relatives so I had to step up therefore anything you say concerning your sister I'll do immediately" he looks at me with gratitude in his eyes but I also see a level of understanding that promises the subject of my story is not dropped. I'll answer all of his questions and more but for now I just want to go enjoy this rare day off.

We rejoin everyone else and I'm introduced to Rob and Noel, then the most beautiful little girl comes running out of the women's bathroom and hugs herself to Theo's side he whispers something to her and she peeks out at us. I don't move and it seems the others have warned my brothers like Theo warned me as they don't move either. She just keeps staring at me, taking me in, judging me silently but after a minute or two she leaves Theo's side and comes over to me, I can see the shock on their faces as she tugs on my hand so I will bend to her height. Hell, I'm shocked but I do as she requested, when I do she whispers in my ear loud enough for the others to hear and make me laugh out loud "Is your name really sexy boss man?".