My Love For Pancakes Opens The Doors Of Knowledge- Arianna

Ten minutes later...

"Okay, how exactly are they worse?" I asked, unable to contain myself. We were sitting at the Gryffindor table, and I couldn't concentrate on my plate of pancakes because of that stupid comment that Sirius had made earlier.

Let's get this over with so that I can enjoy my pancakes in peace, I told myself.

Sirius looked up from his omelet.

"Because Molly won't throw dark curses your way if you get on her nerves." he said matter-of-factly.

"And they will?"

"Yes." Sirius said with certainty.

The heck kind of school is this?

Most students at Salem couldn't be bothered to read their cauldron requirements, and these guys are studying dark magic on the side?

"They'd really do that? When they have one of the greatest wizards of all time as their Headmaster?" I asked, still skeptical.

Albus Dumbledore may have had a reputation for being slightly off his rocker, but his intolerance of the dark arts was legendary.

Sirius sighed and put down his fork.

"It usually never reaches the teachers. Even if it did, it's out of Dumbledore's jurisdiction. The dark arts are the Wizengamot's issue so it'd go straight to them, and the people who you just met practically own the Wizengamot, so they don't really have a lot of consequences to worry about." he explained.

"So they just get to do what they like?" I asked, outraged.

"Only to the less influential lot. They usually stay away from the purebloods. There's only so much their parents can fix." he said darkly.

"The non Slytherin purebloods try and protect the other students, but there's only so much we can do. It's not like we can be around all the time....." he trailed off.

"Well, now you have one more person to help you." I said with a small smile. "I mean, Grandpa Algie has a seat on the Wizengamot, so they'd be stupid to try anything on me."

Sirius smiled at me a little worriedly.

"Don't try to take them on alone though." he said, "They never fight fair, so you'll need someone to watch your back."

"The job's yours if you want it." I said with a lazy smile.

Sirius laughed.

"Sorry, but I'm already partnered up with James." he said apologetically.

"Oh, come on!" I pouted. "Let Remus be his partner." 

"He's Peter's partner." he said with a smile.

"Yeah, like Peter is ever going to face those big Slytherins." I scoffed.

"Peter is just as likely to stand up to them as you or I." Sirius said sounding offended. "You don't know anything about him." he said and went back to his food.

Woah.

"Okay, I'm sorry. You're right, I don't know him. Forgive me?" I asked, and Sirius nodded.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Peter is about as likely to stand up to bullies, as he is to become a world famous burlesque dancer, but it was rude of me to point it out to his friend.

Deciding to change the topic, I asked Sirius the first thing that came to mind. "So, which ones should I look out for?" 

Sirius turned to look at me again.