A Mental Person Goes Mental: Arianna

"Tell me!"

"We have nothing to say!" insisted the twins in perfect unison.

"So you're not planning any pranks for Hallowe'en?" asked Molly suspiciously.

"No, we most certainly are." said Gideon to his sister. "We just have nothing to say about it."

"You'll just have to wait and see like everyone else." His twin continued.

"Just because you're our sister, don't expect special treatment." sighed Gideon, shaking his head as if disappointed in her. I mentally snorted from my place on the common room couch.

From what I had been able to glean from the conversation so far, the twins always had some epic Hallowe'en prank planned, and Molly was trying to stop them this year. She had spent these past months trying to discover their plan, but to no avail. It was Hallowe'en morning and she was no closer to stopping them than she had been during the start of term. Now as a last resort, she seemed to have decided to badger the answers out of them.

Poor ol' me had just been sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace, minding my own business, and waiting for my friends to get ready for breakfast, when I had first heard the Prewetts arguing.

I did what any decent person would do, and ducked behind the headrest to spy on them as they argued.

"Boys, have I ever been mistaken for a patient person?" demanded Molly, hands on her hips.

"No, but you have been mistaken for a mental patient once." replied Fabian, without missing a beat.

Molly turned red as her hair and I barely held in my laughter.

"I was under a lot of stress! It was the summer before my OWLs!" Molly defended herself. "And besides I'm almost certain that old Moroccan man was joking."

Wait, that really happened? I slapped my hands over my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

"What's so funny?" asked Sirius as he descended from the boys wing, and spotted me.

Too late to duck now.

The Prewetts turned to see who he was talking to, and finally noticed my presence on the couch behind them. I smiled sheepishly at them.

"Hey, you guys." I waved awkwardly.

"Arianna!" Molly sputtered, hand flying to her chest. "How long have you been there?"

I opened my mouth to answer her question, but Gideon beat me to it. "That depends on how long we have been blocking the path to that sofa." he said, gesturing to where they were standing.

Molly blushed. "So you heard about-?"

"About the old Moroccan man who thought you were a lunatic? Yeah." I answered apologetically.

"What?" asked Sirius, looking a little confused. The twins guffawed.

"As much as we'd like to elaborate, my brother and I have some preparations to make for our prank today." Fabian said to Sirius, still chuckling.

"Ah yes!" exclaimed Sirius, rubbing his hands in anticipation. "Any hints for your pals?"

The twins seemed to think it over.

"We have two different pranks." Gideon said finally, much to Molly's horror. "One for Gryffindor, and one for the rest of the school."

"And with that bit of information, we'll leave you." said Fabian with a mock bow. He turned around and made his way towards the portrait.