James Harasses an Old Lady and I Screw Up- Arianna

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" asked Remus. I turned around just in time to see Dorcas roll her eyes.

"Don't be such a wimp." she said, blunt as usual.

Lily and I shared an amused look. "They're acting like we're leading them to their deaths." whispered Lily.

I smirked.

"For all they know, we are." I replied, wiggling my eyebrows and Lily giggled. "I say we let them stew."

Lily nodded with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Give them a taste of their own medicine." She said, and it was my turn to nod.

All these past weeks, the Marauders had flat out refused to tell us how they found out about the passages, or how they always seemed to know when there were no prefects around. It seemed only fair that we kept them in the dark for as long as possible.

So instead of answering the myriad of questions the Marauders were asking us, we kept walking till we reached the edge of the village. Once I was certain no one from the village could see us, I turned to look at the girls. "Think this is far enough." I said and the girls nodded, so I walked to the head of our little party and raised my left hand in the air.

Immediately, a potent gust of wind blew me back and the blur of color that came with it transformed into a violently purple triple decker bus.

"We're using the Knight Bus?" Asked James, and I smirked at the poorly concealed amazement in his voice. From the corner of my eye I could see the rest of the Marauders exchange looks of surprise.

It seems we've managed the impossible. I thought with growing pride as we entered the bus, the boys hot on our heels. We've managed to take the ever ready Marauders by surprise.

At the first level of the bus we were greeted by a small man in a purple uniform. "'ello, my name is Earnest Prang, an' I'll be your conductor this evenin'." he recited loudly with a formal air, cockney accent notwithstanding.

From the front of the bus, the driver snorted. "It's still mornin', ya numpty!" she called out.

The conductor huffed in annoyance. "'eaven and 'ell, they kna what I mean, Agnes!" he yelled back, not even bothering to try and sound professional anymore.

"Every bloody time." Lily mumbled under her breath, and I chuckled.

Then feeling a slight nudge against my shoulder, I turned around to see Sirius looking at me with a gleam of excitement in his eyes.

"Where are we going, Little Red?" he asked- and in that instant, the ever suave Sirius Black looked so much like an excited little boy that I had to bite my lip to keep from smiling.

"You'll find out in a few minutes." I replied, patting him on the arm condescendingly. Ignoring his groan of impatience, I turned to smile at the conductor. "The usual, Ernie."

Ernie nodded. "Alrighty then. Best take a seat." he gestured vaguely towards the seating area of the bus, where the passengers were still picking up their fallen chairs from the ground, grumbling to themselves. I snorted.

Though the Knight Bus had been inspired by no-maj transportation, someone somewhere in the Ministry hadn't quite done their homework right, so instead of having bus seats, the Knight Bus had an assortment of different chairs, which thanks to the bus' wild maneuvering kept being thrown all around its interiors.

"Are you sure this bus is safe?" I had asked when Lily, Dorcas and Alice had taken me on the bus the first time around. I was seated in a plush turquoise arm chair, while the other girls had wisely remained standing.